Twenty Nine

Luke's Point Of View

The second I turned around to where Penelope pointed, a bunch of Rogues inched closer.

But one stood out.

A raven black wolf with a glowing red crystal around its neck... Until it shifted.

"Violet?" I choked out.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" she smirked.

"I'm not...", I breathed "I just didn't think you'd stoop this low"

"She bit that pill, not me. And besides... Low is still low, is it not?" she looked at her nails before staring up at me with a grin on her lips.

"Where's my mate?"

"Back home with my dear Veronica... Being showed the right hospitality for a mutt like herself."

"What have you done with my Lexi?" I hissed.

"Chill your mango, you temperamental creature. She's alright. A bit locked up in a fortress but fine."

"Why are you here?"

"My oh my, you really are an ignorant young fella", she cackled "We're here to kill you of course." a sweet smile spreading across her lips as she fluttered her lashes at me.

"My cousin might be ignorant at times but at least he isn't a miserable young beautiful hag like yourself, lady." Lewis spat as he came up from behind her and brushing past her to walk towards me, hitting her shoulder with his so hard that she stumbled forward "Oh, I'm sorry... Are you hurt? I get really clumsy sometimes when I'm in the presence of pathetic bitches with grudges." he smirked.

"Why you little!" Violet lunged forward ready to attack Lewis' in the neck but he side stepped and carried on with his casual walk.

She attempted to kick him in the back but it was like watching a Chinese ninja movie, my cousin flipping through the air and kicking her right in the face, her lip cracking and blood spouting from her mouth like an irrigation system.

"I wouldn't do that again if I were you." a small smile on his face as he turned back around to walk towards me once more, "You know, for a witch you really are the pathetic type. I think you should work on that."

Violet's face went red with fury as she hurdled towards my cousin in full speed but before she could lay a finger on him, he swung around and grabbed her by the neck before slamming her into the ground so hard that the tar actually cracked underneath her.

"I told you not to do that." he sneered, lifting her head before smashing it into the ground again "I told you that I get very clumsy around pathetic people. I might just get clumsy with your life, hag." he smashed her head once more.

"Go ahead. Do it. Killing me will only show your true colours and not mine." a smirk on her bloodied lips as she shook the words out.

"Oh, I have no problem with that... I don't give a fuck what people think anyway. Now say goodbye to my people for good this time, will you?"

"Fuck you!" she spat him in the face

"That," he smashed "Wasn't," he smashed again "Very," again "Nice." his hands crushing right through her neck and her head rolling across the tar in a sick swishing sound while her eyes faded to black.

"Where the fuck did you learn that?" I conjured the words in disbelief.

My cousin was sweet. Kind. Generous. Fucking harmless.

Or so I thought...

"You're not the only one with anger issues in this family." he chuckled, pulling his hand through his light hair, the blood staining it in its path.

Thunder sounded in the distance but no clouds were seen as the people I brought with me came from the cars that stopped behind Lewis'.

"You guys see rain on your way here?" Raphael questioned Kristina and her sister.

"Guys, I think you should see this... That's not thunder. It was them." Katarina's mate gulped as he stared into the distance.

That's when I saw it. Twelve Rogues running towards us at full speed down the mountain.

"Prepare yourself people!" I yelled just as Stephan put his hand on my shoulder and smiled at me with his cut lip.

"I'm with you all the way." he murmured before bones cracked and his wolf's fur brushed against my arm.

Soon all one could hear was bones cracking, noses snorting, throats and teeth snarling, jaws snapping and thoughts of vengeance sounding through countless links inside my mind.

Lexi's Point Of View

Veronica stood by the window and eventually started to pace back and forward impatiently.

"What's got your panties in a twist?" I peered over my book and looked at her in amusement as I stuffed cookie dough ice cream in my mouth.

"That's none of your business." she hissed.

Suddenly the door slammed open and Veronica moved towards it at the speed of light to usher whoever wore the gastly dirty camo coat that stank like death back into the hallway.

"Eavesdrop." my wolf ordered.

"Why?"

"She's hiding something that involves you. And whoever this is... Knows." she breathed.

"Okay."

I stepped off the bed, tip-toeing over to the door, bending down to watch through the key hole.

Shoes scuffed.

Insults and grunts and snarls flew between them.

They're arguing.

"She took the fools way out! What did you expect us to do?"

"Kill them!"

"They have two Epsilon's and a bad-blooded feral creature with them. The best we could do was kill that stupid little hybrid girl and her human mate!"

Katarina.

"Where are they now?"

"They followed us. They're trying to save the girl a few miles from here with some voodoo shit."

"Well get your asses back out there and kill them no matter the cost. The Elemental and her mutts are mine."

"There's something else."

"What?"

"They killed Violet."

"Get out of here." my wolf ordered, her ears flat on her head as she looked for a way out.

The window.

As soon as I silently made it out the window, I crawled down the roof with much care for the sake of my unborn babies.

I made it to a balcony and entered through an open slide door, scoping everything out before making my way through the halls and hiding in a broom closet when a witch walked by.

Once sure the coast is clear, I made it outside through a door by a patio of sorts.

I followed through a waist length maze in the gardens and once clear of that I could smell freedom and the growing scent of my mate.

He's close.

A scream sounded from behind me as glass shattered and a body came flying through the hole in the wall.

"Run. Now!"

And I did.

But I wasn't alone.

Hephaestus came running past me, the blue crystal around his neck shining brightly before he shifted into his wolf form, slowed and stopped, bowing down in front of me.

"Get on." his voice sounded through my mind and seconds later I found myself on the back of a god with the wind flying through my hair as he ran towards heaven knew where.