Prologue

Jungkook's POV

I've always been told that you should love your reflection, you should appreciate it and smile. Why is that so hard for me to do? Gazing into the mirror, I don't see me. I see an emotionless, unpleasant teenager staring back with hatred. Their brown eyes are dull and ridden with tiredness. I don't understand... why can't I be normal? Jeon Jungkook, why are you like this?

My friends always ask why I never show emotion, and it's not that I choose not to, but that I can't. For some reason whatever I feel inside never reflects on my face. I hate this about me. I absolutely hate it. I can't exactly help it, it's just how I am. But it's because of this that I'm unhappy. I've lost friends, and even family has stopped caring about me because of my lack of reaction. Why can't they understand that it's not a choice? I'm much more frustrated with myself than other people are, is that so hard to comprehend?

Scoffing slightly I turn away from the mirror, tired of the person looking back at me. I rest against the sink and close my eyes, trying to calm down. It's all because of this stupid, emotionless face of mine that I feel like this. Angry, exhausted... Alone. I'm scared that this will affect me more than it already is. I don't want to become the person they all have seemed to determine I am. I don't want to become numb.

I just want somebody to see me for me. I want somebody by my side, somebody that can see the emotions I struggle to show. Is that so much to ask?

-----------------------------------------------------

This is my first story and I hope you like it ^^
And thank you to Yoongi_fire who created the cover for me x3