Chapter 24

Jungkook's POV

       I don't want to let him go.

       I still have Taehyung wrapped in my embrace, but I can't get rid of the feeling that I know this is wrong. He has a boyfriend. I shouldn't be doing this. I'm not doing anything but hurting myself the more I continue to hold him like this. I really shouldn't, but Taehyung needs the comfort and...  I can't help myself.

       "Hey... J-Jungkook?" Taehyung whispers, and I glance down to the sight of his brown eyes bashfully gazing up at me.

       "Yeah?" I whisper softly in reply, careful not to scare him. A slight silence settles over us, and I look at my hyung curiously. He seems nervous, licking his lips and avoiding my gaze. "Is there something wrong hyung?"

        Taehyung takes a deep breath and lets go of me. He takes a few steps away from me, and instantly, the pain of rejection strikes me. My arms feel empty and my body feels cold without my hyung's presence. Taking a deep breath to stable myself, I watch him with unsure eyes, hoping he won't leave me.

      Please don't go back to him.

      Don't leave me yet.

      Taehyung fiddles with his fingers and sighs, his body quivering slightly from nerves. "I-I don't want to go home..."

       My eyes widen and I speak on impulse. "You can stay with me." Some sort of determination sounds in my voice, and I immediately reflect on what I just said. "W-Well... I mean, you can stay at my house tonight, if you want..."

       I become filled with the fear of rejection once again, and I wait for his reply, willing with everything that I have that he would just agree. Unaffected by how tense I am, Taehyung stares at me with wide eyes. "Wh-What?" He pauses for a few seconds, licking his lips hesitantly. "C-Can I?"

       Hope energizes me and I nod eagerly, happy at the thought of spending more time with the person I like. "Of course!"

       As if regretting what he had just said, Taehyung turns his gaze to the ground and shuffles his feet slightly. "But... wouldn't I be a bother?"

       "Not at all!" I exclaim, beginning to become worked up. "Listen hyung, you can come to my house any time. If something happens at your house, or if you're feeling down and can't get a hold of me, just come to my house okay?" I tell him enthusiastically and grab his hand out of pure instinct. I begin to walk to my house,  bringing him with me.

        "My parents won't care, they don't really care about anything, so don't worry about it. Just think of it as your safe place, okay?" I can practically hear my heart thumping in my chest, and my body buzzes with excitement as I lead Taehyung to my house. I know that I'm getting way too excited from this, but I can't help it. Anything that allows me to be there for Taehyung is something I won't pass up on.

        I'm in deep, aren't I?

        I pull Taehyung along, not understanding just how fast I had been walking until I hear him talk. "A-Are you sure?" My hyung pants, obviously struggling to keep up with me. Finally realizing what I am doing, I slow down and allow Taehyung to walk beside me.

       "I'm positive." I tell him with certainty, fully believing in every word I say. "If you're nervous about running into my parents I can show you another way in." I suggest, beginning to wonder if I am getting too hopeful.

       What am I doing?

       There's no way he would just agree to something like this...