Chapter 9

Jungkook's POV

      It's been a few weeks since Taehyung's come to our school, and something is changing. I don't know what it is, but it's changing the school, my group of friends, and me.

      School has become more and more tense, the atmosphere is pressured and uncomfortable. It's unnerving to say the least, and relations between everyone is strained.

      As for our group of friends, ever since
Taehyung has joined us, the aura has changed. Usually we would always be just plainly happy around each other. Now, however, we are either incredibly happy, hyper, or not it the mood to talk. It's weird.

     The weirdest thing, though, is what's happening to me. I can't seem to settle down anymore, and I've become aware of myself whenever Taehyung is nearby. It's kind of scary to me, the effect he has on me.

    Whenever he looks at me, whenever we speak to each other, I feel the urge to smile. My stomach flips and adrenaline pumps through me. I'm not used to feeling like this at all, and to be honest, it's kind of worrying me.

     I really like Taehyung. Whenever he's happy it makes me happy, and whenever he's sad my mood drops. I want to protect him from Yoongi, and the thought of it makes my stomach tighten with uneasiness. His rectangle smile gives me that strange feeling, and I feel like I can run a marathon whenever he laughs. What does this mean? I really don't understand it.

     These thoughts have been swirling around in my mind for a while now, and I don't know what to do with them or myself. I'm thinking about them even more today, because something happened yesterday. Taehyung didn't come to school.

     I spent the whole day worrying about him, and now here I am, sitting in first period twenty minutes before class starts. I'm so worried that I'm starting to annoy myself, but I can't help it. Taehyung is mysterious and hardly opens up about himself, so it's only natural that I'll worry if I don't see him. Something's telling me that he wasn't absent from a simple cold. He's come to school sick before, so he's either got to be really, really sick, or something happened. Both possibilities make my stomach drop with worry.

     I bite my bottom lip and stare at the door to the classroom, waiting for any sign of those warm eyes. It hadn't even been two days, but I already miss looking into them.

     The classroom doors open and I perk up slightly, hoping to see Taehyung's face. Instead, I am met with the always loud Hoseok and the royally annoying Jimin.

   I can feel myself deflate with disappointment, and I sink back into my chair, it's cold surface the only thing I can really register.

    "Hey, Jeon." Jimin acknowledges simply, an obnoxious grin planted on his lips. His tone just aggravates my already unstable mood, and I glare up at him.

    "Hey, Park." I hiss back, surprised at myself. I hadn't meant to sound so rude.

    "Someone's pissy today." My black haired hyung scoffs, sitting in his seat and turning his gaze towards me.

     "Is everything okay Kookie?" Hoseok asks cautiously, his gentle voice snapping me out of my angry haze. Oh Jhope, the ever caring hyung.

     I turn to look at him, his worried features calming me down.

     "Y-Yeah..." I whisper softly, although a certain nervous energy continued to flow through me. "Sorry... I'm just a little anxious." I told them, taking deep breaths to stable myself.

      It's okay, I tell myself, just breathe.

     "If you say so.." Hoseok whispers as he and Jimin fall into a quiet conversation. I, on the other hand, cannot keep my gaze off the classroom door.