Chapter 5

Taehyung's POV

     I'm screwed.

     Before me is an angry, silver-haired boy, my peanut butter jelly sandwich hanging on his shirt. I could only stare in shock, the reality of what had just happened not sinking in yet.

     This person is going to kill me.

     Coming to terms with what I just did, I take a few steps back and bow frantically.

     "I-I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there, I-"

     The person in front of me held up his hand as if to tell me to stop, and I did. His earlier angry expression has relaxed greatly, and he observed me quietly. He turns his gaze to Jimin and Hoseok in front of us, as they had stopped at the commotion. Jimin's face is painted with rage, an expression I'm not used to seeing on him.

      The mysterious stranger smirks smugly and turns to face me. "Don't worry about it, it's fine." He tells me lazily, his words slurred and calm.

      "B-But... Your shirt..." I'm practically shaking, fear grabbing at me. I've been in a situation like this before, and if I've learned anything, it's that it never ends well.

      Contrary to my beliefs, the stranger shrugged nonchalantly. "It's not a big deal, kid. I can take care of it."

      "H-Huh? But..." My eyes are wide in disbelief, a nauseous feeling settling in the pit of my stomach. I feel something tug the hem of my shirt, and I look down to see Jungkook. His face is as stoic as ever, but his eyes are narrowed and anxious. It was if they were telling me, "Let's go".

       The silver-haired boy seemed to notice our small exchange, and his smirk grew. He walks forward and places his hand on my shoulder. I couldn't help but flinch slightly at the contact, images from the past resurfacing.

      Please don't hurt me.

      "I'll see you around, kid." The stranger mumbled, squeezing my shoulder slightly. He gave me a subtle wink and walked off, leaving the rest of us, especially me in shock.

      ... What?

      He's not going to hurt me?

      I am frozen in place, my gaze trained on the stranger's disappearing back when I feel fingers wrap around my wrist. I panic momentarily and whirl around, to see Jimin's irritated face. "Let's go." He demanded, leading me towards the garbage cans. Hoseok and Jungkook followed after, their demeanors unusually quiet.

      Why are they so upset?

      We quickly throw out our garbage and head down the hallway, a strange silence settling over us. I really want to know what's bothering them... but I'm too scared to ask.

      Jimin still has a hold of my wrist, and I can't help but feel anxious. His grip kind of hurts. Not because his grip is strong, but... It's putting pressure on my wounds. I don't want to think about that right now.

      We walk in silence for a few moments when Hoseok breaks it, his usual goofy smile on his lips.

      "Hey, guys, you wanna hang out after school today?" He asks, and Jimin glances over his shoulder, his expression much more like his normal self.

       Hang out? I don't know... As pathetic as it is... I've never done that before. I don't know how I feel about this.

      Jimin smiled briefly, seeming more out of habit than actual happiness. "Sounds good to me. We can go to my house, nobody's gonna be there, like usual. Are you coming Kookie?"