Chapter 28

*warning: slight cursing and angst*

Taehyung's POV

     The cold feeling of despair and absolute guilt falls upon me, my stomach churning with regret.

     The secret's out.

     Jimin knows I kissed Jungkook, there's no hiding it anymore.

     Emotion builds up in my chest, and even though I want to plead for my boyfriend's forgiveness, I feel as if I at least owe it to him to own up to my mistakes. My mind reels with overwhelming thoughts as I try to understand just what this means for me. I open my mouth and try to speak, knowing that the longer I struggle to speak, the quicker Jimin will grow to dislike me.

      A rock stuck in my throat, I choke out a few words, my throat tightening up on me as I speak. "H-How... How did you get that picture?"

     The rage on Jimin's face shows that he wasn't expecting me to react that way. He probably wanted me to deny it, to say that wasn't me. But I can't do that. I just can't do that to Jimin. He deserves to know the truth. I don't want to hide my mistakes from him, even if it means I'll end up alone again. At least then, I'd have done something right, and yet another person can live happily without me burdening them.

     "How?" Jimin repeats, his dangerous glare piercing into the ache in my chest. "I asked you why you're kissing Jungkook and you ask me how I found out?!"

     A certain energy lightens the fear within me, my body quivering the louder his voice gets. I feel as if I should say something in reply, but Jimin doesn't allow me the chance to.

     "How could I not know?! Everyone in school knows Taehyung, it's all over social media!"

      My heart sinks in my chest, a strange numbness coming over me. As much as I hate to remember, this sort of situation has happened before. It's not the first time people have seen the worst parts of me in social media and scorned me, haunted me every chance they get. I don't want to go through this again, it's exhausting, it's terrifying! But I guess I don't really have a choice... What's done is done.

      Jimin continues to speak, itching to release all of the pent up emotion inside of him, and I can't blame him. I'm the one who influences such horrible feelings inside of him, after all. It's only fair that I should get the worst of it.

      "Out of all people, I never thought it would be you, Taehyung. You seemed like the sweetest, most innocent human being I've ever laid eyes on. You seemed like the perfect boyfriend, and then suddenly one day I open my eyes and look at my phone and would you look at that! All of that is just a lie! A fucking lie! Instead of acting like the boyfriend I needed, you were going out and kissing my best friend! Why my best friend, why Jungkook?!"

      Jimin takes a deep, shaky breath, his body shuddering with anger. All I can do is hold my emotions in and wait for this to be over.

      "How long have you been doing this? Is this the reason you left me when Jungkook called?! Just when you and I were about to take our relationship to the next level, you decided oh no, I'm going to go and see my boyfriend's best friend behind his back!"

       Jimin pauses for a few seconds, his demeanor becoming darker, the air around him stained red. "What did you two do, huh?" He growled, taking a slight step towards me. I couldn't help but step backwards, becoming genuinely afraid of the person I had considered to be important to me.

       "How far did you go? Did you two just decide to play me, so you wouldn't hurt my feelings? How easy do I fucking look to you?!"

       The obvious hurt hidden in the lining of Jimin's enraged voice tears me to pieces and drags the crystals of emotion out of my eyes and down my cheeks.