Chapter 17

Jungkook's POV

Can someone please explain this to me?

Yesterday Taehyung broke down in my arms again. Yesterday I realized how I truly feel about him. Yesterday everything seemed to finally make sense.

But not today.

After I had soothed Taehyung enough, we stayed in each other's arms for a little longer before parting ways. Taehyung received comfort, but I... I became much more unsettled. What do I do now? If this is love, what I'm feeling, what should I do with it? All I had wanted to do was call Taehyung back and hold him for a little longer, but I was scared. Scared to admit that this was real. That what I'm feeling is real.

Today had started off a lot more normal than I would have imagined. I came to school uneasily, my mind occupied with Taehyung's warm brown eyes. I had expected him to still be a little down after last night. He hasn't told me the whole story of why he was like that, but whatever it was, it seemed to affect him a lot. That wasn't the case at all.

When I walked into homeroom, Taehyung was smiling brightly. I can't deny that I liked the sight, but I can't help but worry. What is he's just acting?

Somehow we've gotten to lunch, and I just can't stop staring at him. The whole day I've been trying to calm my racing heart and the jittery feeling I get when he looks at me. But I can't. I can't do this.

I've never felt so worked up before.

I haven't calmed down all day, and all I can think about is Taehyung. That's been happening a lot lately.

I don't know what to do with these feelings. I'm pretty sure that I like him, but... Maybe I should keep this to myself. I'm scared to do anything about it. I don't want to ruin the relationship we've just started because of these stupid feelings.

I bite my bottom lip and watch as Taehyung laughs, his gaze trained to Hoseok. They were talking about the concept of aliens or something like that... I'm not sure, I'm not really listening. I wish he'd look at me.

There's something wrong with me.

I feel a slight nudge from beside me, and become aware of my surroundings once more. Due to the nudge being from my right arm, I turn to my right and come face to face with my best friend.

"What's wrong?" Jimin questions, pushing his jet black hair out of his eyes. "You're not like yourself today. Is something up?"

Jimin's words get me thinking. Should I tell him about my feelings for Taehyung? He's my best friend and I really want to, but... I don't know if I should. I feel like I shouldn't.

"N-No I'm fine." I tell him quickly, shaking my head. I glance through my peripherals and find Taehyung and Hoseok still actively engaged in a conversation that makes no sense. I feel the desire to listen to their conversation, but I try to focus on Jimin.

"Are you sure?" My best friend questioned, and I come across a realization. It's only now that I'm noticing, but Jimin isn't quite himself either. He's been a bit quiet these days, and he always seems to be deep in thought. Jimin is a very thoughtful person, but he's never like this in school. At least, not that I've seen.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I tell him, studying his features. His eyebrows are furrowed, and whether it's from worry for him or me, I can't really tell. "How about you?" I question, "Is there anything wrong?"

Jimin seems to freeze in front of me and he bites his bottom lip, falling back into that dazed expression. "Well... There has been something on my mind lately..."