Chapter 3

Taehyung's POV

        First period had ended rather quickly, and pleasantly. For the first time in a while I was able to talk to someone without reluctance. I really enjoy talking to Hoseok. Even if it's only temporary happiness... I'm going to make the most of this while it lasts.

        The periods after the first hadn't been nearly as fun, however. Nobody attempted to speak to me. Instead they observed me like a caged animal, and I was anxious to say the least. God I can't wait until this day's over.

        I am now walking the hallway, heading to my next period. Lunch. Remembering the promise I had made first period, I couldn't help but feel nervous. I was going to be meeting new people... I'm going to have to talk to them. I feel jittery and I feel energized with nerves, my heart beating loud enough that I can hear it. You'll be fine. I tell myself, taking a deep breath. Everything will be just fine.

       I walk towards the entrance of the cafeteria and awkwardly stand by it. Jhope and I had agreed to wait here for each other so that I know where I'm going. But for some reason, he's not coming. A cold wave of fear washes over me, and I bite my bottom lip. What if he's not coming at all? What if this was all an act? It's not surprising, it's happened before... I knew it. Nobody would ever want to be friends with me.

        Feeling tears start to bubble up in my chest, I knew that I was overreacting. I know I'm just overthinking, but I can't help it. Being alone is all that I'm used to, after all.

        After a few more moments of being lost in my saddening thoughts, a person appeared before me. Their bright smile and high pitched voice instantly dissipated the brewing tears in my eyes.

       "Hi! Wassup?" Hoseok questioned, gazing at me with curious brown eyes. I really don't understand how he can be so friendly.

       "H-Hi..." I reply bashfully, feeling an embarrassed blush start to fill my cheeks. Just the fact that I had to talk to people I don't know in less than two minutes was putting my mind in a different place. It is hard for me to focus, and I hadn't really been paying attention when he spoke to me.

       "So how was your day?" Jhope questioned, tilting his head curiously. He began to walk into the cafeteria, and I followed, knowing he expected me to. I know where we are going. He's leading me to his lunch table. He's leading me to his friends.

        "I'm really disappointed that we don't have any other classes together." Hoseok sighed, pouting unintentionally.

        I smiled softly, trying not to show how much his comment had affected me. Just the thought that somebody had missed me fueled a bit of happiness within me.

       "Me too... And my day was alright. How about you hyung?" Jhope and I had discovered during first period that He's older than me. He was overjoyed, of course, to have a dongsaeng. Although it didn't make much of a difference to me, I did kinda hope that I could be been the hyung.

       Hoseok smiled brightly at the mention of my formality, and he laughed slightly. "My day was okay. Still bummed that we don't have any more classes together."

       My lips turned upwards instinctively at his response, a prominent pout on his lips. Seriously, how is he the hyung?

       His words had only made me more flustered, and I could feel the heat smothering my cheeks only get hotter. I'm not ready for this.

       It was when Hoseok raised his hand and greeted someone that I realized how easily I was conversing with him. I'm not stuttering nearly as much as I usually do, and I don't have to think to reply. It's kind of scary knowing that something I dread is becoming easy to me. Is it because of Jhope?