10

"The Hydra camp is in Krossberg. It's up between these two mountain ranges. It's a factory of some kind." Peggy informs us. Earlier that day, Peggy had managed to convince Howard Stark to take us to Austria by plane. Now, Steve, Peggy, and I were sitting in the cargo hold of the plane as Stark flew it.

"We should be able to drop you around the doorstep." Stark says from the cockpit. 

"Just get us as close as you can." I respond. 

"You know, you two are gonna be in a lot of trouble at the lab." Steve says to Stark and Peggy. 

Steve was wearing his Captain America uniform, complete with a helmet he took from one of the showgirls and his shield, while I was wearing a tight fitting jumpsuit Peggy had let me borrow.

 "And you won't?" Peggy retorts. 

"Where I'm going, if anybody yells at me I can just shoot 'em." Steve laughs. 

"They will undoubtedly shoot back." Peggy responds, sighing. 

"Well, let's hope it's good for something." I interject. 

The plane is silent for a minute before Stark speaks up and says, "Agent Carter, if we're not in too much of a hurry, I thought we could stop off in Usurea for a late night fondue." 

This just makes things more awkward. Peggy looks between Steve and I, giving both of us an awkward smile. 

"Stark is the best civilian pilot I've ever seen. He's mad enough to brave this airspace, we're lucky to have him." she then says, trying to get rid of the awkwardness in the air.

"So are you two...? Do you...? Fondue?" Steve says awkwardly, obviously jealous. 

"This is your transponder, active it when you're ready. And the signal will lead us straight to you." Peggy tells us, handing us a black box with a wire sticking out of the top.

"Are you sure this thing works?" I ask. 

"It tested more than you, ma'am." Stark says respectively. Then, as we most likely cross over the border, machine guns start firing at our plane. The bullets ricochet off the metal plane, leaving a few dents here and there.

"Come on Charlotte." Steve says to me, pulling me towards the door and opening it. 

"Get back here! We're taking you all the way in." Peggy yells over the wind. 

"As soon as we're out, turn this thing around and get the hell outta here!" Steve instructs as we strap parachutes onto our backs.

"You can't give me orders!" Peggy yells. 

"The hell I can't! I'm a captain!" Steve sasses and smirks at her before he jumps out of the plane. 

"Good luck." Peggy tells me before I follow Steve out of the plane.

With the wind now fully in my face and the darkness, I can't really tell how close I'm getting to the ground. But when I faintly see Steve pull his parachute chord, I suspect that I should probably do the same. So I pull the chord and carefully float towards the ground, landing in an empty clearing. I quickly take off my parachute and meet up with Steve at the edge of the clearing. 

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Steve asks me one more time.

"Of course. Now let's go get our Bucky back." I smile at him. I can faintly see him smile back before he turns and takes off through the forest. I follow him until we reach the edge of the compound. 

"What do we do now?" I whisper to Steve.

Just then, the sound of approaching vehicles sounds behind us. We duck down behind some bushes and watch them go past. As the last one passes us, Steve motions for me to stay where I am before he takes off towards the last truck.