Chapter eleven

Weeks passed and the bridge was built. They bid their goodbyes to the lovely family. It was a shame that Chidori was still unconscious for she did not have the chance to see the bug bright smile of the sweet child, Inari.

Haku had offered to carry Chidori on the way back to the leaf village. The two were finally free of the chains of Gatso and so was the village.

The once deadly duo had asked if they could join them on the way back to the leaf as they wanted to restart their lives.

On the way, Chidori had woken up and had started to walk as well, with a but of help from Haku and Kakashi.

Their way back was not too long. They were met with Gai's squad, who had happily greeted them and welcomed them. Well, at least squad seven as Kakashi had to explain Zabuza and Haku's reason as to why they were there.

Soon, they headed to the Hokage's office in silence. Some would try to strike an interesting conversation but it would then die out after a while.

Lee would glance at Haku from time to time, having to feel a slight jealousy in his chest.

"Chidori chan, do you want me to help you?" He asked as she giggled. She gestured Haku to help her transfer her weight to Lee.

"Just be careful... she has gone through a lot." He said before carefully handing the young girl to Lee, who gently held her waist as her arm was around him. Lee gave unnoticeable grumbles about how he could be more gentle with her than he was.

"Everything will be settle in a few days time but for now, you two will have to have assistants around the village. Gai, you and your squad will manage them just for a few days this will be your mission until we could find them an affordable house." The Hokage explained to newer pair while the seventh squad stood beside them. "And as for Chidori..." his old eyes looked at the  girl. "Did she..."

Kakashi sighed and nodded. Chidori gave the Hokage an apologetic look.

"Was anyone in the squad hurt by this?"

"No, my lord." Kakashi answered quickly as Sakura could not help but wine.

"She shouldn't be in this group." Sakura muttered, tone was cold and eyes were on the ground. "She should not even be trained as a ninja..." they stared at her. "She's a freak!"

Kakashi huffed knowing that he could never really made everyone like or see his daughter the way he does.

Chidori looked down as she felt the tears come. Her eyes on the ground as she tried not to make it noticeable to Lee

"She tried to kill me!"

The mist was thick but a figure's movement could still be seen. Chidori's attacks were not as harsh as they were when Haku had his mask on.

Some part of her had control of what was happening. Some part of her was trying to hold back each attack.

Haku's eyes held a lot of emotions. He had a familiar look, one that she wore before.

It made her heart thump as she started to regain control. Haku spoke of his past and how he saw the similar look in her as well. It helped calm her down but Naruto was another case.

She pulled him back and tried to restrain him. He growled at her and had started to attack her. Both eyes went red as she tackled with him but made sure that she would hurt him at all, just pin him down.

She had him under her, her hands pinning his to the ground and she look at him. His eyes were red too and his teeth had sharpened. She knew who was in control and she had to made him stop.