Filler: Chidori and Sasuke

Just a reminder, this is a filler chapter which means that this does not connect to any of the other chapters or storyline. It is made purely for your entertainment and a break from the story's plot

Ironic how the badboy falls for the good girl. How the kid who shows no affection, cares deeply for one.

Sasuke Uchiha never cared for anyone, not after what his own brother had done. He had shut his heart. He had locked it up and it just slowly froze. Or so he thought.

Once the little peculiar girl walked into the room and sat beside him, with no care of who he was at all, he knew that she was something different. She payed him respect and kept her distance when he wanted space. She stayed quiet when he asked and she listen when he needed to let out pent up emotions.

At first, she was nothing but a good companion. Nothing but someone he had considered a friend, something that he never really let other be. She was nothing but someone he could trust.

"Hey Chidori," Naruto spoke one time on a mission. They were to do certain tasks for a frail old man. He leaned in and pointed at Sasuke, who stood at a distance. "Could you tell Sasuke to be the one to deal with this?" He pointed at the stacked up fire wood.

Chidori looked at him in confusion. He was masked but her body language was the one showing more emotion. "And why is that, Naruto Kun?" She crossed her arms, she was just about to fix the back garden for the old man when he called her.

"Well some of this needs to be piled in the back garden while some have to be turned into a bonfire." He scratched the back of his head. It seemed that he was really uncomfortable in telling Chidori that he thought Sasuke might have a bit more skill compared to him for this. "And you know... he's got that jutsu for fire, which I still can't do... could you.. I don't know... tell him?" He paused for a moment, looking into her bright blue eye. "Please don't tell him it came from me!"

Chidori looked at him for a moment before smiling. "Okie dokie." She walked over to Sasuke who had been sweeping the front with Sakura doing more staring than sweeping. She waved at Sakura who only gave her a glare before turning to Sasuke. "Hi Sasuke kun, could I ask you something?"

"No!" Sakura snapped. "Don't you see we're busy?"

Sasuke sent her a glare. "No we're not busy. You're not sweeping." His cold voice made Sakura start sweeping quickly. He turned to look at Chidori and gave a curious look. "What is it?" His voice much softer.

"Well, you see..."she twiddled with her fingers. "I overheard the chores Naruto was going to do and I just thought it would be better if you two switched. Seeing that he needs to make a bonfire with some of the wood..." she looked into his deep dark eyes, seeing the eagerness in them. "And I just thought that it might be better for you to do so since you're more skilled in fire jutsu..."

Sasuke only gave a simple nod. He and Naruto eagerly switched and it just gave Sasuke the privilege to watch Chidori carefully bring the garden to life with the beautiful flowers and plants.

She was good and compromising. She was usually the negotiator and sometimes the problem solver. She was open minded and made sure that the team was always trying to work as a group.

It was when Sasuke had spent time as her teammate that he started to care for her. That he was starting to have a different view of things. At first he thought it was a nuisance, but when he had left the village, he understood that it was more of a motivation. Having her in his mind kept him going.

The fact that she was so good and talented, made him want to work harder. It pushed him to aim for his dream as she did with hers.

If only he had never left the village. If only he had realized sooner that Chidori was no distraction but more of a motivation.