Chapter eighteen

The sand dome broke and quickly
Fell. It revealed nothing but two children. They had passed out on top of another.

The ninjas were quick to move as some battles went on while the two, and other wounded, were brought to the medics. They were checked on and nothing seemed wrong, they were just both exhausted and passed out.

Soon, things were sorted and certain effects had happened that people wished it never did.

The loss of their beloved Hokage hurt them and made many weep while the thought of Orochimaru had twisted and angered others. The sand had apologized for this as they had never expected that their own Kazekage was killed by that snake.

The two had the same room, both still asleep and peacefully recovering with the help of Haku, who had now become a skilled medical ninja of the leaf.

He had become their personal medic and took watch over the two day and night. Chidori had taken a bit more damage than Gaara, which had made the medical ninja worried.

People had visited them as a sign of thanks for her prevention of another tailed beast outbreak in the city and due to her alliance with the sand, managed to keep their ties with Sunagakure.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Questioned a red haired boy to his wolf like friend who stood on a tree branch high up. He looked worried as he doubted her plan.

"You wanna impress them right? Then let's practice you sand control!" She giggled. "Catch me!" She jumped off of the high branch as she freely fell, not even a face of fear was shown.

The boy's sand quickly rushed out and caught her. She giggled happily and hopped off and hugged the little boy.

"I told you!" She smiled brightly. "You're so talented!"

They two played and practiced all day in one of the training grounds happily. In the eyes of those who knew, they were a monstrous duo, just waiting to grow up. In the eyes of those who didn't, they were but two close kids, soon to fall in love.

In the eyes of those who knew them, they were but kids who lived their brightest days, hoping that the next would be the same.

"Chidori! Its time for dinner!" Another redhead waved at them. The two looked at each other and smiled as they raised towards the caller. "Come! Mom has made your favorite! Gaara, join us!" The teen smiled down at the two and help each hand.

They walked to their home and ate, not knowing that the following days would bring pain.

"You two better be careful!" Haku said as he ruffled their hair. "Don't want you guys getting hurt again. So, avoid any training or aggressive physical activities.."

The duo nodded and thanked the medical ninja once more before walking out of the hospital and the outdoors.

They looked at each other before deciding to just walk around. There were some who looked terrified. Some who smiled and thanked them and some who were just disgusted to see them yet they didn't mind. They just thought of their own world.

Just the two of them.

They were fine to say the least. They were just hurt. Hurt that their kages were killed. Hurt that a lot of this mess happened all because of one guy that managed to provoke them.

They hugged walked to an empty training ground. There were a bit of obstacle courses that they guessed was Gai's doing. It was just there with no one to use it.

Chidori giggled and hopped onto the two bamboos on top of two rocks.

"Wolfie, be careful." Gaara warned as she only giggled and started fo handstand on the bamboos.

She lifted one of her hands as she balanced herself on the others. Gaara watched in amazement as she sand slowly, unnoticeably slipped out just in case she ever slipped, yet she didn't. She moved gracefully through the elevated obstacle course.

The hand stands, monkey bars and even the dummies that were to be hit were attacked swiftly. She did the whole this with elegance.

Gaara could not help but watch as Ki joined to watch her.

"She's a great kid." Ki said to Gaara. "And I hope that you would treat her just as great... if you really want her to be yours." She patted Gaara's back as he only looked up at her.

They met through Chidori. Ki's family was an in-law of Chidori's uncle and they has instantly became something like sisters but she could never beat the bond Gaara and she had. It was if they needed each other and that they could never leave each other's side.

Gaara and Chidori understood each other with a look, maybe it sometimes was missed but nevertheless, they knew what the other felt.

Gaara looked from the Panther to the Wolf. He nodded and smiled at the girl who giggled at her attempt to balance herself with one hand on a single standing bamboo.

"I will do anything for her. "