Chapter 44

"I... I'm here." Gaara smiled at Chidori's sleeping form. He was alone with her. He was the one who requested it. Requested that he'd be given alone time with her. "I-I'm here, Wolfy."

He caressed her cheek. "I knew it... I knew you weren't dead. I knew it and I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you... I'm sorry that I wasn't there to help you..." He held her hand and softly kissed it.

"Please wake up." He softly begged. "Please." He looked up at her. He sighed and stood up. He closed his eyes and leaned in towards her. "A kiss will always break the curse."

His lips pressed onto her soft ones. His tears running down his face as he pulled away and sat back again, resting his head on the bed.

"I-I Love you, Chidori Hatake."

"I love you too Gaara Sabaku."

Gaara's head shot up to see her weakly smiling. She giggled and placed a hand on his cheek, wiping away the tears off his face.

"I love you, Pan-Pan." She repeated and slowly sat up, trying to easy out her body pain. Gaara couldn't help but jump into her arms as his tears kept flowing.

"I-I thought you were dead... but when... when you saved me..." he looked into her bright blue eyes. He leaned in and was slowly closing the space between them, but he pulled away. He shook his head and sighed. "I-... I'm sorry...I'm not good for you... I'm... I'm a monster."

Chidori held his face and looked at him. Her best friend. Her partner. And now... her lover. She wasn't the type of person to make a bold move when it came to situations like this. She was a dork at relationships.

She never even got into a relationship and she was panicking. Her hands were shaking as they held onto his soft face.

She closed her eyes and was the one that closed the space between them.

She had kissed him.

Usually she'd quickly regret it, but she didn't. She wanted to show Gaara that she loved him. That she wanted her to be his. That she wanted to be together with him. That she loved him.

Gaara took a moment before kissing back. Savoring the moment and melting into the sweet and tender kiss that they shared.

"What a lovely sight to see." Kakashi's voice broke them up. They turned to see an unamused Kakashi and his wife. He crossed his arm as Kitsune only giggled. "I was expecting something else for Chidori's waking... not really a make out session..."

Kitsune playfully punched her husband and laughed. "Let them be, hun. They probably missed each other so much." She hugged his arm and turned around. "We'll leave you two to give you more time in catching up~" Kakashi protested a bit, but either way left with his wife and leaving the two to laugh.

As the parents left, they told off Resengan, Ki, Lee, Naruto and Sakura that they should just visit another time as Gaara and Chidori were having some time alone.

"Wait so she's awake?"

"Seems like it." Rasengan shrugged.

"So why not visit?" Sakura asked. She wanted to go and hug Chidori and say sorry. She wanted to apologize for everything.

Ki giggled. "Well... Panda seems to need a little quality time with her... and from the way Ms. Kitsune had said it... well it seems that they've really need alone time." She hugged Rasengan's arm.

"Let's take a peak?" Naruto suggested mischievously.

"What?!" Sakura and Lee seemed shocked.

"Why not?" Rasengan laughed. "I wanna know what that Panda's doing with my sister." He laughed as they all went to the door and placed an ear to try and listen.