Chapter 42

They were back, patched up and fed by their own mother as she was one of the best medical Ninjas right before Tsunade but of course even she needed a rest. They were placed in a weeks or month's rest in the hospital.

"So you are telling me you were used as a puppet all these years?" Kakashi questioned his son.

"My body, at least." Rasengan gave a small smirk Kakashi's way and received a smack in the head. "Ow! Wha-"

"Don't be a pervert." Kakashi gestured to sweet innocent little Chidori beside him. His words gained him a smack on the head by his wife.

He looked up to see a deadly glare, causing him to back up from the seat he was in. "I should say that to you too. Maybe practice what you preach before smacking your son's head." Her voice venomous as her hair slightly started to float. Kakashi muttered out apologies, repeatedly bowing to his wife as their children laughed.

By the time Gai and his team had arrived back, there were already houses already built and roads were being fixed. They were given the news to return to the village after a devastating attack.

Upon entering, there were much people talking. Talking about all the shocks they have.

"So it is true!" One spoke, flailing his hands up. "She is still alive!"

"I know right!" The other said happily. "She'd been gone for a year and more yet she was alive all along! I knew she was a fighter!"

There were no given names but it seemed that they were only talking about one person. Just one.

"How about her brother? Did you even know she had a brother?" The two shook their heads as the one speaking was just scratching his chin, thinking.

Gai and his team would look at each other in question. They were confused, very confused.

Of course, the first person they'd meet up would be the Hokage then meet up with Kakashi and Kitsune. They walked into the Hokage Tower and walked into the door, only to see Kakashi all bandaged up along Kitsune and an unfamiliar redhead was just there to assist either.

"Ah! Gai!" Tsunade smiled at them. "You guys will assist in helping out in building some houses, starting with Kakashi's and after that, help assist the Kurayami ninjas."

Gai's brows knotted. He turned to look at the red head which caused him to gasp in surprised. "Rasengan?! Ho-"

"Pain had taken hold of his and other KuraYami Ninjas' bodies and used them as puppets... after his death, they were freed." Kakashi explained. He looked at Gai and smiled. A very happy smile.

After a few more words from Tsunade, they were all dismissed. They walked out of the office in peaceful silence.

"The nurse did say to return to the hospital." Rasengan said softly, Kakashi have a protesting groan, so did Kitsune. "She said that she'll give us the entire room if you guys return."

Kakashi rolled his eyes while Kitsune only gave a soft smile, "That sounds good, at least. Chui (Chewy)  have company."

Those words made Gai and his team stop. He looked at Kakashi and Kitsune in shock. "Chui?" Was what he only said. He looked like he was in a verge of tears yet he looked happy.

Kitsune smiled. "Yes, Chidori's back... she's all right." Gai's tears fell as he held a wide smile. He looked at Lee who only looked at them in shock. He held an unreadable expression while TenTen was left dumbfounded. Neji and Ki were  the ones to smile at them softly.

They arrived to their hospital room rather quickly. Chidori stayed by the bed near the window, fast asleep with the blanket over her bandaged body. She wore a surgical or medical mask while her other eye bandaged as well. She looked like a mummy.