Chapter 46

"How are you?" Sakura asked as she helped Chidori up and made sure to help her change her bandages. "Nothing hurts too much right?"

"Sakura-"

"Does this hurt?" She tugged a bit on the new bandaged around Chidori's waist as the said girl shook her head.

"Saku-"

"How about this?" She checked on her back as Chidori only shook her head. Sakura continued to frantically fix her up. "I can't believe Haku didn't fix your bandages properly. I mean I'd understand... he's a guy and all and I-"

"Sakura, what's going on? Are you ok?" Chidori held her shoulders and looked at Sakura in the eyes. Her face was bare as she only had the bandages to cover up her breasts. She looked at the pinkette worried.

Sakura looked at her before bursting into tears. She hugged her tightly and sobbed. "I'm so sorry!"

"F-for what?"

"For everything!" Sakura pulled back and looked into Chidori's bright blue eyes. "For every mean word... every taunt and little whisper of hatred! I'm sorry!" She gasped and looked down as tears streamed down her face.

Chidori looked at the older girl with her. She pulled her into a hug. "Its ok.... its fine..." she smiled widely as she pulled back. "You're always gonna be a sister to me, Sakura."

"What is this?! Having some sweet time without me?" Ki barged in and laughed as Sakura's unamused but tearful expression. "Nice to finally see the two of you getting along...." she giggled and locked the door behind her. "Better remember to keep the door locked... dont know what type of pervert might come barging in." She laughed.

Ki leaned against the window and looked out at the warm sunny day. "Wanna hang out? Like a girl's hang out?" She suggested and looked at the two. "Whadya say?"

"Sure!"

[•••]

"Chidoriiii!" Ino exclaimed and hugged the girl as she got out of the Hospital. "I missed you!"

Chidori only awkwardly giggled as she was new to everything. She had been gone for a year. She had gotten use to being people that looked like her and now, she was back in looking different. The odd one out.

She looked at her outfit. A maroon long sleeve and pants. She had a surgical mask on and bandages around the eye with scars. Its like wearing something of Gaara's. It made her heat up as she thought of the man. The man she was now with.

[•••]

"S-so you and Gaara are a thing now?" Hinata asked as Chidori only shrugged.

"I.... I mean we kissed.." she replied softly as they ate at their favorite noodle shop. "We didn't really say anything about... being together."

The girls giggled.

Ino leaned closer on the table, "but that kiss... was it good?"

"What?"

"You know... did you feel the butterflies and sparkles?"

"Yeah... why?" Chidori asked in confusion. She stared at her food. "It was sweet and tender...."

The girls squealed at her words. They then explained that that kissed really meant something. That they'd be together. That they were meant to be.

[•••]

"You think so?" Chidori asked softly.

"Yes!" The girls all squealed.

The boys smirked and laughed as they sat on the other end of the noodle shop, away from the girls' sight.

"Looks like you really got her huh?" Shikamaru wiggled his brow at Gaara, who smiled softly and shook his head.

"I think she got me."

They ended up laughing and shaking their heads. "You two are like magnets... attracting each other." Kankuro laughed.

"You beat Lee!" Naruto laughed.

"Speaking of the guy, where is he?" Choji asked and took a bite on his food.

"Probably moping about this... he still kinda likes Chidori ya know." Kiba laughed, making the boys shake their heads.

Shikamaru took a sip from his drink, "That dude needs to decide who he likes."

Gaara shook his head,giving a small smile, "Well, he should keep in mind that Chidori's out of that list then." This made the boys laugh.

"Are you guys really a thing? I mean... Did you guys talk about it already?" One of the boys asked.

Gaara shook his head, "Not yet...But I'll make the move this time." He stood up and walked towards the girl's table as the boys cheered on for their man.

"Excuse me." Tamari laughed as she looked up her little brother. "It seems like you're in the wrong table, Mr. "

"It seems so..." Gaara chuckled. "I'm just here to fetch my lady." He brought out a hand for Chidori as a loving smile formed.

"Seems like my man-" she giggled at her own words. "-needs me." She smiled and took his hand, waving goodbye to the girls as the two left to have alone time.

"Seems like we found the sweetest couple."

"Aren't they the only couple?"

"Oh shush." Tamari laughed. She turned to look at Shikamaru and winked. "I have my own man." She gestured him that they'd go, and he just lovingly followed.

"You need to catch up Ladies!" Ki laughed as she and Rasengan walked in, hand in hand.

[•••]

"I love you."

"I love you too." Chidori kissed his cheeks as they sat on the top of Hokage Mountain.

They looked at each other ten back at the view in front of them. This was where they always stayed. This was their spot.

This was their spot and no one can ruin it.