Chapter 48

The war was over. It was clearly over.

Everyone was standing on the battlefield, other tending to the wounded and other checking if there were other who were still alive amongst the ocean of bodies.

Chidori stood on one of the elevated rocks, her eyes were bright red, it was stinging, but she forced them open. She wanted to be sure. Sure that everyone was fine. That everyone was safe.

No more bad guys.

She couldn't help but smile at the sight. They were free. They were all done and it was just a big relief.

Tears flowed down her face as she could see her brother hugging Ki lovingly, happy that it was over.

She could see Tenten consulting Lee. Neji, unfortunately, had died. Unfortunately, that cool collected guy that Chidori looked up to had died.

"Neji!" Chidori cried. "Neji, please... please!" She held him close and tight. Her bright eyes looking at him. She placed her hands on his wound, the big wound on his chest. "H-hold on! I-I'll... I'll save you."

Her hand glowed a bright red as tears streamed down her face. She had to save him. She just had to. She held his chest, blood covering her glowing hands.

"I'll save you, Neji!" She had grown close to the man, just as she had grown close to Lee. He was just like a big brother to him. A big brother that she loved.

Neji held her hands and shook his head. She gave her a smile, "No."

"No?! What no?" She cried as she just continued on, trying to use her energy to heal him.

He brought his weak hand to her cheek. "Chidori... its ok."

"No its not!"

"You need to save your strength." He said softly, his eyes meeting her tearful ones. "Remember what I said back then? You must make the sacrifices for the better of the people." He gave her a sweet smile. "Its ok... It's ok... you have to save your energy..."

She shook her head, sobbing, holding his hand tight as the other hand kept healing.

Tears formed in Neji's eyes, but he still had the smile. "Promise me something, Chidori."

"Neji... please."

"Promise me." He gently held both her bloody hands. His eyes growing darker each moment.

She looked up at him and nodded sadly. He chuckled weakly, "Save our village... our people... defeat this monster... and save our future..." he coughed up blood as he continued, "You and Naruto are our only hope... Save our future... give the next generation a beautiful life. A better life and a life worth living... promise me, Chidori. That you will keep fighting and that you will win this war. Win this war and every other war that will come in the future."

He slowly got up and kissed her forehead, he looked at her crying face, "I love you, Chidori Hatake." He hugged her and closed his eyes.

Chidori cried loudly. He was gone. He was gone and she couldn't do anything anymore. She held his body tightly and hugged it, wailing out his name as the people- the friends and family around cried as well for a fallen loved one. A fallen soldier.

Chidori smiled and looked at her hands filled with dried blood, "Neji, we did it." She whispered and looked back up. She breathed in the air, the new air that gave hope to the future.

She smiled and turned to Naruto, who had stood behind her. She hugged him, "We did it, Naruto-kun."

"We did, Chidori-chan." He hugged her back and she smiled at each other. They may not love each other romantically, but it was the love of friends. The bond that was as strong as their power.

"We did it." A voice made them turn and they saw Gaara there, standing with a smile.

Chidori smiled widely and hugged him. He hugged her back tightly and looked her in the eyes. "The war it over."

She nodded, "I love you, Panda." She looked up into his minty eyes.

He smiled lovingly, "I love you, Wolfie." He pulled her close and kissed her passionately. He wasn't going to let her go. He was going to hold her tight and keep her close. He was going to love her til his death.

Kakahi and Kitsune smiled at the two. Kitsune smiled at Kakashi, who did the same back at her. She faced the man she loved dearly.

"Love you."

"Love you too, Honey." He said lovingly and was going to hug her, but she was quick.

She pulled down his mask and brought him into a kiss, just like her daughter. She giggled as Kakashi groaned in the kiss, knowing that she had technically just revealed his face to the whole world.

"Go mom!" Chidori and Gaara cheered, making everyone who knew then turn to the two people kissing. His student's, as well as others, gasped at the sight, eager to see his face now. 

"You just had to." Kakashi said in the kiss. He his his face in her neck as he placed the mask back up, "you just had to."

"Love you, Kakashi."