Chapter fifteen

They stood there for a moment before one went missing, the odd one out. They gasped as the girl they were mentally fighting for was gone.

And then suddenly, a strong impact got them off guard as the dust momentarily turned into mist. And in that moment, two of them were given equal attacks. The two males groaned as they both fell back.

The mist cleared but Chidori was still nowhere to be found. They crowd gasped as Kakashi only smirked, his eye glancing at the girl already on-top of the statue.

Kankuro and Tamari had gasped at the sight of Gaara on the ground, looking like he had already been hit. This was a new sight to see as his sand did not even get out of his gourd.

"S-she m-managed to-to..." Tamari stuttered in fear as Gaara got up, grumbling some words.

Sakura had noticed their fear as the fight went on. Chidori would give equal attacks as both.

If one would hit the other, she would quickly intersect and attack the fijrst attacker. It went on like that for a while as the siblings of the redhead had just shuttered in fear.

"What is with you two?" Sakura could not help but ask as Gaara once again gained a kick to the stomach by her as she quickly apologized for every hit.

"She is able to hit him..." Kankuro muttered. "No one is capable to even getting close to him without being engulfed by sand and getting killed..." he said in a shaken tone as Chidori once again gave both a quick hit.

Sakura and Ino could not help but stare at her speed and strength. If the two were really saying the truth, then she really must be talented.

Are you sure you're ok with this?

Yes I am! Stop doubting me!

I just don't trust your instincts when it comes to the girl... you tend to become rather clouded in front of her...

Gaara shook off his conversation as he dodged her attack. He was use to training with her but never on an official fight so he was unsure how to use the sand on her. He did not want to hurt her. He had his heart to her.

But you don't want to lose either

Gaara growled at the thought. He knew very well that they weren't just here for the exams.

He snapped out as he dodged of incoming rocks. He looked up to see a Chidori removing a her belt and harness and dropping to the floor, only for it to break due to the heaviness. Lee, who stood on top of the statue did the same.

They all seemed shocked at the weights but Lee and Kakashi was rather surprised to find out about her extra extra weights.

"Gai?!" Kakashi scolded.

"I didn't do anything!" Gai screamed in Fear at Kakashi's raged eye.

The fight went on as Lee finally unwrapped his bandages. Chidori's eyes widened and ran to shield Gaara, even when his sand was already out and very capable of shielding him.

Lee's heart hurt when he saw her actions. He was not suppose to feel this bad but she acted almost as if he was the enemy when in reality, Gaara was the one from a different village.

Lee tried to maneuver around her and get him, and when he finally did. He got the only chance he could and used his lotus.

"Lee no!" Kakashi yelled but Lee had ignored him and groaned as he gave out a couple more kicks before finally bringing the wrapped body down to the ground, causing a large crash.

But when he looked up, there stood Gaara with a shocked look.

Lee's eyes widened as he looked down at the Gaara under him. His face started to break into sand and it revealed Chidori.

He gasped and got off of her. She was bleeding out, the stitched wounds that she gained during the second exams might have opened as she was coughing up blood.

Everyone gasped as Kakashi brought his head to the railings. He sighed heavily as he tried to contain his mixed emotions. Gai did not know what to do as he watched the Hatakes suffer.

Sakura and the rest were all shocked but were not fast enough to truly understand what had happened.

"What just happened?" Sakura questioned as Naruto stared wide eyed at the match.

"She switched places with Gaara when Lee was not looking..." Temari explained as the watched everything unravel before them.

She saved you...

Gaara's eyes were on the bleeding girl he called a friend, maybe even more. His heart thumbs painfully. He gripped on the pain on his chest as his eyes watered, his sibling already sweating at the sight.

"C-Chidori..." Lee gasped slightly as her mask was slight ripped and bandages were off, revealing something he has not fully seen before. His eyes gazed at the male in front of him, feeling the rapidly growing tension from him.

Gaara's eyes shot to Lee's, filled with tears and hatred. His hand on his chest as he grumbled lowly. "She was your friend... how could you?" He asked him asLee looked down. "She liked you... she cared about you..." he went on, making the leaf ninja feel the heavy guilt. "Yet you do this to her?!"

Lee could feel his own eyes tear up. He did not mean to hurt her. He did not mean to do anything to her. He did not know that she would do that. Lee could feel the disgrace as he felt the burning gaze of his own sensei.

"You will die for hurting her!" Gaara's voice was different. It was lower and more monstrous. His sand, going towards Lee, who had wide eyes as he tried to run away.

As the sand caught some parts of him and had slowly crushed his bones, Gaara had felt a weight on him. Arms wrapped around his waist.

"Please don't..." Chidori muttered in a pained voice as she had hugged him in a pleading manner. He was shocked to say the least but had understood that she truly had a big heart.

She would always forgive. She would always care. And she would always love.

Gaara's hand dropped and the sand around lee had stopped. He looked at her bright blue eye and blood red left one, even the left one that slowly revealed her two scars. He was reminded of the day that she moved to the leaf, only a year back.

"Please... don't..." She muttered once more before turning towards Lee, who had also gotten up. His eyes filled with sorrow. She gave a small sad smile before trying to walk towards him, only to lose consciousness.

If Gaara had not used his sand, her fall would of hurt much more. He sighed heavily as he did not want this. His thoughts were clouded by her words; her orders. He would not do anything to Lee even if he was slightly shaking of anger. He would never not listen to her.

"Kakashi..." Gai said slightly at Kakashi who still had his head against the railings. Gai did not know what to do. He knew some of it was his fault as well.

Kakashi slightly waved off Gai's hand that neared his shoulder. Just slowly getting up and looking away; "just... just put your focus on Lee for now."