Chapter One- Howl

Written By: (JensenOakles)

"Howl, want to come out?" Dan asked over the phone. I laughed and shook my head.

"Dan, I'm your sister. Don't... Don't call me Howl." I teased, looking at my laptop screen.

"If we want to be technical, you're not my sister at all. You're my adopted little sister. And... You're such a tease."

"Dan, I'm your age. You're-"

"Eh. Enough. Your name is Howl. Mum and Dad tried getting me to call you Grace. But, it didn't stick. I found out your name. Howl.." He said. I could just see him smiling.

"Howl Howell. Yeah. I got bullied for that, Danny." I smirked, clicking the 'Purchase' button for a plane ticket.

"Yeah yeah. Do you want to come out?" He asked again.

"Yeah. I'd love too. You know that." I said, closing my laptop and standing up.

"Perfect! I'll let Phil know."

"Hey, how is Phil? We've never really talked." I asked, walking down to my kitchen. I was adopted from America when I was I was 4. That would have made Dan 5. Dan and Phil became friends when Dan was 16. And when they met up, Mom, Dad, and I just so happened to be away. Or Dan went out to meet with him. I got to meet him once, maybe twice. But we never really got to know each other.

"He's good. He's a actually finishing up a live show." Dan replied back.

"Cool. Well, let Mum and Dad know I'm coming out?" I smiled, lugging out my suit case.

"Will do, Howl." Dan chuckled lightly. We chatted for a few minutes longer.

"Just bought my flight tickets. Its next month. Is it okay if I stay with you and Phil for a few weeks? I can call mum and ask if I can stay with them." I asked.

"Yeah! How long are you going to be out here?"

"I was thinking a month. Few weeks with you. A week or so with mum and dad." I said, pulling out my calendar.

"Okay. That sounds good. I have to go. I'll see you soon, Howl." Dan said. I heard clacking of a key board. So he must have been editing a video or something.

"Yeah. See ya soon, Danny." I said and hung up.

"You fucking nerd." I smiled and threw my phone on my bed.

At last. Allow me to finally introduce myself. I am Howl Grace Howell. Yeah. But of an odd name. But, I was adopted. Like I said. My mum and dad tried to get my brother to call me by my middle name. But, it never really stuck.

Apparently when I was born my birth parents didn't want me. I mean, I don't blame them. Kids are a lot of money. If you're wondering why my name is Howl. My birth parents were insane. I know before me, they had a son and they named him Rayn. The short while I was at the adoption place, Everyone. And I mean everyone, thought Howl was a cool name. And it kinda just stuck.

My brother is approximately 364 days older than me. Yeah. Dan is exactly a year older than me. Imagine that birthday. But, luckily Dan is a good guy.

DannyDogg>Me: I asked Mum for you.

Me>DannyDogg: what'd she say?

Hopefully she said yes. I miss them. It's been well over a year since I've seen them.

DannyDogg>Me: she said yeah. When I called her and told her she practically screamed yes.

Me>DannyDogg: of course. I'll see you all later. :)

Errands. Yeah. Lots of fun.

Katlyn Calling...

"Yes, Kate?" I asked, running my hand through my hair.

"Hey, what size are you?"

"Pardon me?!"

"Clothes! What size are you?"

"I don't.. I don't know!" I said, standing up and going to my closet. "When are you gonna get home? I'm gonna be out of state all of next month." I looked through my closet, looking for some sort of colorful item. Damn, I need a happy shirt or something. I'm almost like Dan!

"I'll be back next week. Where are you going?"

"London for a few weeks to visit Dan and Phil. Then I'll be visiting my parents and other relatives for a few weeks." I said, pulling out my only colored shirt. A light pink shirt with lace shoulders.

"Oh! Wicked!" Kate exclaimed. "When are you leaving?"

"Sometime next month." I threw some clothes at my bed.

"Lemme guess.. You're packing right now?"

"Uh. No?" I lied, pulling out a dressy dress.

"Howl, you can't pack now! You're leaving in a month!" She screamed.

"Kate! Calm down! I'm just packing a few things. Not everything." I said, folding a pair of skinny jeans and placing them in my case.

"Fine, you loser. I gotta go."

"Wait! Why did you want to know my size?"

"I found a top I'd thought you'd like. I'll see ya." She said and hung up.

I live in Maine. Why do I live in America and not the UK? Easy! Traveling with a friend of mine, Kate. This is the third trip we've gone on together. But this is my fifth. She's every nice and cool. She's visiting a few of her friends in Kittery, Maine. Which is like 4 hours away.

Kate and I went to high school together. Then, we went to university for modeling. We both eventually gave up on that, kinda like Dan giving up on lawyering. Kate and I decided to leave home and travel the world. Well, she just straight up left her family when she was 19.

I talked to Dan about traveling before I told our parents. He was really supportive about it and told me I should and I should take more risks in my life. So, I told our parents. At first, they were mad that I had quit going to university. But, then they were happy after Dan talked to them.

But, yeah. Modeling. I was a model. And, now I'm a traveler.