Chapter Fifty Four: Eloise

My head was resting next to Pj's. We were about to go to sleep, but first we were up talking. That was our usual routine, as he stayed over basically every night.

"I mean, I get it, he thought his mind was messed up," I mumbled, "But why did Bucky go back under?! People are only going to say those trigger words in that order if they know it will trigger him. There's no way that would randomly come up in conversation!"

Pj laughed, "But he felt like he was endangering his friends. Steve especially. He almost killed your best friend, wouldn't you want to be frozen until someone figured out how to fix you if that happened to you?"

I pulled my hands down my face, groaning.

"Yes, but that's besides the point. Steve just got Bucky back, and Bucky just came back! Why did he have to go?! I miss him so much already."

Pj smirked, "Well, sounds like I have competition."

"Yup, with a super soldier assassin," I giggled.

"I better step it up a notch."

We both laughed at that. I kissed his cheek and said, "Even if Bucky were real, he couldn't top you."

He kissed my forehead. We laid like that for a minute looking up at the bottom of the top bunk. The silence was nice. Of course, Pj went and broke it.

"You know, we should move in together."

I lifted my head up and looked at him, "Seriously?"

He nodded, "Yeah, I mean one of us always stays at the others house every night. Usually it's me at your house. If we got a flat around here, we would still be close to all our friends."

My mouth fell open. In the most casually serious tone possible, Pj had just asked me to move in with him. We had only been dating about two months, and he drops this bomb?! And casually nonetheless!

"Yes!" I exclaimed, despite my better judgement.

Pj hugged my shoulders, "I was so worried you'd say no to that."

I rested my head on his chest.

"How could I say no? I love you, so let's do it."

He chuckled, "How about we start looking tomorrow?"

"Sure, but we have to stop around seven, I have to go over to Maia's to work on the comic book," I replied.

"Sounds like a plan."

...

Pj and I walked into the third flat we'd looked at that day. The realtor lady, Marie, had one of those fake smiles. It seemed that she had her mouth molded open with wire or something.

"This is a very nice flat," she grinned madly, "It has two bathrooms, two bedrooms, a large living room, a good sized kitchen, and an office. Perfect for the new couple."

Pj and I looked around. The walls were painted a pristine white. The floors were a dark oak wood, except in the bedrooms. The floors in the bedrooms were light grey carpet.

It seemed to have the perfect accommodations for us. Pj and I whispered together quietly.

"This is perfect," I whispered, "With two bedrooms, we could make one into a studio."

Pj nodded, "And there's two bathrooms, no more fighting in the morning when one of us takes to long."

"So, it's decided?"

"Let's get it."

Pj smiled up at Marie. She returned the smile with the grin that was becoming annoying to look at.