Chapter Sixty Two: Howl

"Oh... Wait, I forgot my charger." I dug around in my purse. Phil and I had just gotten into the cab and we were on our way to the Underground.

"Howl, come on. We're going to be late." Phil looked at me.

"I'll be three seconds." I stated as I slid out of the cab and walked back towards the apartment. I walked in at the wrong time. I forgot my phone charger. Did I have to knock before entering my own home? I didn't think I had to. I mean, I live here for crying out loud! I didn't have to knock.

I took a step on the wrong floor board and it creaked. They both looked up and saw me. Maia was crying. Dan was smiling like an idiot, but that smile went away as soon as he saw me.

"What?" I quirked my head to the side and looked at the couple. They were sitting on the floor in the bathroom. Maia was crying. Dan was smiling like an idiot. "Are you..." I shook my head. "This has to be a joke right? You're lying to him right?" I looked at Maia.

"Howl," Dan stood up.

"Don't you dare, Daniel." I spat at him. "Tell me, Maia." I looked at the girl sitting on the ground in front of the toilet.

"This has nothing to do with you, Howl. Get out."

"No! I live here to! I help pay the goddamned rent!" I shouted at Dan. His face twisted up in anger. I shook my head. "First you date a girl who hates talking and now you go and get her pregnant!" I looked at Dan. "What's Mum and Dad going to say, Daniel!?"

"Howl,"

"I can't believe this! Are you fucking kidding me!" I shouted at my older brother who was standing in front of the girl that was carrying his baby. Maia flinched at my harsh words. "Are you serious right now, Daniel?" I looked at him. The tears in my eyes were about to give away at any point in time. I was having a good day.

"You'll-"

"I'll what?! Understand when I'm older?! Daniel! You're a fucking year older than me!" I shouted. "Oh my god! How far along are you again?" I looked at Maia.

"Howl, this isn't your concern." Dan looked at me. He had kindness on his face but his eyes screamed anger. Anger towards me.

"No. That's where you're wrong, Daniel! This does concern me!" I pointed at Maia. "She has this baby and I lose you! I lose you forever! You and Her and your dumb kid will move away from here and you'll raise your dumb kids and you'll forget about everyone here in London! What will Phil think when he finds out that his best friend is having a baby?!" I looked at Dan. "Huh?! Because, he will be hurt. He'll probably be more hurt than I am!" I shook my head before running my hand through my hair. "And don't forget about your millions of fans either. Once they find out you're having a bastard child, they'll riot. You will skip out on videos." I wiped my cheeks and looked down at Maia. "Have fun raising this kid." I looked at the couple one last time before I stormed out of the apartment, slamming the door behind me.

"Hey, you okay?" Phil asked, rubbing my knee as soon as he realized I was crying. I nodded and slouched into the seat. After the cab ride to the rest get part of the underground, and after a long train ride, we made it to Bristol.

I had composed myself on the train ride. I took a nap and listened to music. Or, I watched Phil write away or planning his next video. I made myself forget about the news I overheard.

"Okay. Felix told me we could go to their house at any time. Do you want to drop our luggage off at the hotel and get something to eat before we go see them?" Phil asked, looking at his phone, then up at me.

"Sure. Sounds good to me." I nodded. Our hotel wasn't too far away. We apparently aren't too far away from Felix and Mariza's apartment either. We walked to the hotel. And, it was quite a nice hotel. Why would Phil get such a nice hotel for one night?