Chapter Thirty Six: Maia

Amelie dropped her bags on the top bunk of Eloise's house. One moment, Eloise and I were plotting out the first book. The next minute, Amelie arrives asking to stay because Chris asked to marry her.

"First of all," Eloise lifted a finger, "I can totally see Chris doing something like this."

Amelie fell onto the couch next to me, "But why?! I mean, we just got together like a week ago! What the hell is he thinking?!"

I was shocked silent, which wasn't hard, since I was always silent. I was definitely shocked to where I could barely think. Would he actually do something like that?

"He's impulsive," Eloise replied.

"Well, I knew that!"

Amelie propped her forehead against my shoulder. I patted her back as Eloise sat on the opposing side of the distressed girl. She sighed into my shoulder, "I have to go back, I live with the man! But, I just, ugh."

"It's alright," Eloise smiled, "You can stay here as long as you want."

Amelie thanked her. We sat in silence for a moment. It was getting darker, so I decided it was time to get home. I bid Amelie and Eloise goodbye before making the trek towards home.

When I arrived home, Andy was waiting for me. I fed him, ate a bowl of cereal, and went to my room. Instead of sleeping, I curled up under the covers with my laptop. Oddly, every night before I went to sleep, I would watch Dan's videos. Even if he wasn't truly there, his voice comforted me. He helped me go to sleep without nightmares.

...

The next morning, Amelie, Eloise, Dan, and I were all laying on my floor. It was a sunshiney day, but we were bored out of our minds.

Andy came up and began to paw at Dan's hand. He absentmindedly scratched Andy's chin.

"We could play charades," Amelie suggested.

Dan groaned, "The most boring game in the history of ever. What about taking Andy for a walk?"

I looked at him as if he were stupid. I loved him, truly I did, but sometimes I wonder what was up there.

"Dan," Eloise sighed, "You can't walk a cat! They don't like it so much!"

I nodded in agreement as Amelie chuckled. We continued to stare at the cieling.

I began to contemplate everything we could do. Eloise had a date with PJ in two hours, so it couldn't be anything to extensive. Amelie would stay, probably until Eloise got back, and I had no idea how long Dan would stay.

I enjoyed their company. Being lonely was my least favorite thing in the world. I prefered to have friends and family with me. Mostly friends.

"We could go to the park," Eloise suggested.

"Ugh," Dan sighed, "People. Sunlight. Socialization. It's weird."

"You're weird."

"You're face is weird!"

Dan and Eloise both flipped over to glare at each other. I swear, these two were like children. They scowled at each other until Eloise stuck her tongue out. Dan retaliated by flipping her off.

"Children!" Amelie said, taking the words straight from my head, "Calm down. Why don't we watch a movie?"

Everybody seemed alright with that. The only remaining issue would be what movie. We all moved to sit on the couches. I sat next to Dan, and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. Eloise sat across from us, occasionally making faces at Dan. Amelie sat in the armchair.

In the end, we decided to watch The Fantastic Four. Halfway into it, Dan fell asleep. I chuckled. Eloise noticed, and grinned. Silently getting up, she rushed into the kitchen. Returning with a sharpie, she grinned devilishly.

I gave her a look that said, Don't you dare.

"It won't be bad," Eloise lifted her hands in surrender, "Just a mustache and a tiny penis on his cheek."

Amelie was doing everything she could to keep from busting out laughing. Eloise carefully drew a twirly mustache on Dan's lip. When that was done, she drew a good sized, um, man thing on his cheek.

When she was done, she quickly dumped the sharpie back. She grabbed her bag and loudly whispered, "I'm gonna go before he wakes up. Bye!"

She rushed out. Dan woke up at the sound of the door slamming. When he did, Amelie burst out laughing.

"W-what?" he asked.

I pointed to his cheek. He touched it before running to the bathroom. Amelie and I were both silent as a loud shout erupted.

"Eloise!"