Chapter Thirty One: Amelie

"What do you mean you like her?" I asked Phil, sitting at a table he and I claimed. I'm actually having coffee with a person I can consider a friend. I like Phil. I enjoy his company.

"It's not that I like her, Amelie." Phil stirred his drink before sipping it. "I loved her. I've known her just as long as I've known Dan."

I looked at him and cocked my head.

"How's Chris treating you?" Phil asked, placing his hands on the table. I smiled and shrugged.

"He likes me. I know that." I shrugged. "Howl told me. I don't know what to do."

"How do you feel about him?"

I shrugged. A coffee cup was sitting on the table in front of me. It was yellow on the outside and TARDIS blue on the inside. It was holding hot black coffee. "I don't know." I sighed, looking at the mug. "I've never really liked someone before."

"Do you like him?" Phil picked up his cup and sipped his drink.

"I don't know. I think of him as a friend. A flatmate."

"Howl and I are flatmates." Phil stated. I groaned.

"Okay. Maybe I do like Chris. What am I supposed to do?" I asked, wrapping my hands around the mug. It was hot. I internally winced. But, the heat felt good. My fingers were frozen.

"Tell him." Phil smiled.

"I'll only tell him if you tell Howl." I stated. Phil laughed and shook his head.

"She's dating someone else, Amelie. You know that."

"I know that she's dating an arsehole that no one likes." I stated, pulling my hands away from my mug and folded them in my lap. "Tell her."

Phil sighed.

{***}

"You, me, living room." I looked at Chris, who was already in the living room. He looked at me and cocked an eyebrow.

"We're in the living room." He gestured. I looked at my feet.

"Right..." I nodded and sat on the couch next to Chris. "God, I've never done this before." I mumbled, rubbing my hands together.

"Are you okay, Amelie?" Chris asked, closing his laptop and placing it on the coffee table. I looked at him and I felt nauseous.

"I like you, okay?" I mumbled, looking at my hands.

"You what?"

"Like you?" I cringed. "I suppose I can trust you. You're with me almost every day. We live together. I like you. And not like I like you as a friend or whatever. I like like you." I spoke fast and looked up at Chris. "God, I'm so dumb. I mean. I could've just hated you and moved out! But no! I like you! Say something will you!" I yelled, looking at him. His face read dumbfounded.

He grabbed the sides of my face and pulled me close, pushing his lips to mine.

"What am I supposed to say? I like you back? I asked you out three times! It was pretty damn clear." He stated, looking at me. I shook his hands off my head.

"Good." I looked at him and smiled. "Well, I, uh,"

"So, you trust me now?"

"Yes." I nodded. Chris smiled and nodded.

"Are we us now?"

"Yes?" I raised an eyebrow. He smiled and nodded again.

"Good."