Chapter Seven- Amelie

I scoffed and looked at Chris, who was sitting across from me at the table that was in a café. We were waiting for his friends.

"Do you want something? I don't have anything if that's what you want. I dirt poor. So, it's not like you'll be getting much out of me anyway." I snapped. He chuckled.

"What insinuated that I wanted anything? I'm sitting here waiting for my mates." He moved his arm so it was wrapped around the vacant spot next to him. I cocked my head, locks reddish brown hair hit my thigh.

"I have a question." Chris stated, looking at me. His jade eyes read my face. I rolled my eyes.

"I have many questions. But do you see me asking them?"

"Considering you just asked me one..." Chris chuckled. I rolled my eyes. "Why are you so bitter all the time?"

"I'm not bitter." I scoffed, looking at the white mug that was sitting in front of me on the table. It was filled with plain black coffee. It was still hot, but none of us are drinking it. Unlike me, that coffee was bitter. "I'm just a very closed in person. I'm very private. So, don't bother asking me any questions about my life." I stated, looking at him. "Not even Hazel knows a lot about me."

"I never said I wanted to know anything about you. I just find you interesting." He smiled. I rolled my eyes.

"Why? Because I'm Irish?" I cocked my head. Chris chuckled before looking out the window of the café we were sitting in. Hazel was in the bathroom. Chris was waiting for his friends, Dan and Phil. Hazel was also waiting for Dan and Phil.

"Wow." He smirked, looking at me. "Are you acting this way because I'm from Manchester?"

"God." I scoffed. "I told you. I'm a very closed in person. I don't like people knowing a lot about me. I don't like meeting new people. I'm from Nowhereville, Ireland. Everyone knows everyone." I stood up, hitting the table. The mug of coffee splashed up a bit, spilling onto the table. Everyone in the café turned their attention to Chris and I. I felt my cheeks heat up as I realized what was going on.

"Tell Hazel I'll be outside." I pushed my hair behind my ear picked up my backpack and made my way out to the door. Two men and two women walked in as I pushed by them.

I sat on the curb that was just outside of the café. I waited for my friend and acquaintances.

"You all right, Amelie?" Hazel asked from behind me. I turned and looked up at her.

"Yeah, I'm just fine. There's just a lot of people that I don't know."

"Dan and Phil are cool people. They're sisters are visiting. And Chris is... Well, Chris is Chris." She stated, sitting next to me on the curb.

"Well, your friends are here. What should I do while you're filming?" I asked.

"You could help me with the video. But, it's just going to be Phil and I getting a bit tipsy. Or you could hang out with Dan, Chris, Howl, and Eloise."

"I'd rather be stuck at home." I mumbled.

"We're all light-hearted people, Amelie. We're not going to hurt you. You need to start trusting people. And, my best bet is starting off with Chris. You'd like him. He's a cool bean."

"But he's from Manchester."

"So is Phil and Eloise. Dan is from the south. Howl is an American adopted by British people. Howl's also pansexual. Dan is Bi. Along with Chris."

"Who names their kid Howl?! That's what I'm trying to say, Hazel! Howl is an odd name."

"I wouldn't let her hear you say that. She just went through a break up with-"

"Okay. I'll hang out with Dan, Chris, Howl, and Eloise." I muttered, looking back at the ground.

"Awesome. You'll grow to love them. I swear."

"Fine." I stood up then helped Hazel up to her feet. We walked back inside. The table Chris and I had claimed earlier was crowded with the group of people.

"Come on." She nodded at the table. We walked over.

"This is Amelie Ross." Chris stated, just as we approached the table. I looked at him and scowled. "She's very private." He quickly said.