Chapter Six- Eloise

Today I was attacked by a dove. Yes, an actual dove attacked me. The bird that is supposed to symbolize peace and prosperity decided to try and peck my eyes out.

I suppose you would like an explanation. I was heading to the store to purchase some new canvases, but decided to take a shortcut through the park. I almost never got out, so I needed some sunshine.

The park was basically empty that day. A few joggers ran by, one had a dog with them. There was an old man feeding the pigeons, and a mother showing her daughter the fountain. I walked past all of them, humming to myself.

Just as I arrived beneath a large oak tree, I heard the shrieking of a bird. Honestly, it sounded like an actual person screaming at the top of their lungs. I almost dropped my bag out of surprise.

That's when it came at me. A ferocious ball of grey feathers and razor sharp talons! It attacked my head first, digging at my hair. I was so shocked, I tried to bat it away. I ended up tripping backwards into the fountain.

As my butt splashed into the hard concrete tub, the dove continued to attack. It raked at my hair and pecked at my face. As hard as I swatted it, it fought back harder.

"What did I ever do to you?!" I shouted, "Go away, you dumb bird!"

I managed to grab it's wing and fling it away. It released one final shriek before flying away. That left me, sitting in the fountain, my hair wet and tangled beyond belief, with a few bleeding scratches. I was dazed at first. Had a dove actually attacked me?

"You alright there?" a smooth male voice asked.

I looked up at the voice to see someone I had never met. He had mousy brown hair that brushed around the top of his head. His eyes were light grey, like the sky before rain. A white tee with green sleeves covered his chest as jeans fell from his legs.

"I was just attacked by a dove," I blew a strand of hair from my face, "Do I look alright?"

He laughed a little and extended his hand, "C'mon, I'll pull you out."

I took his hand, allowing him to pull me out of the fountain. As he pulled me out, I brought several pounds of water with me. They splashed around my legs, making it seem as if I were standing in a wave. It soaked the boy's shoes and pant legs. He noticed, but instead of yelling at me, he only chuckled.

"I'm sorry," I sighed, "Animals seem to hate my entire family."

He shook his head, "That's alright. I'm Pj, by the way. Pj Ligouri."

He extended his hand, again, for me to shake. I did just that, introducing myself as well.

"Eloise, Eloise Lester."

His mouth dropped open, "Eloise? As in, Phil's little sister Eloise?"

I lifted an eyebrow, "You know my brother?"

How had I not met him before? I knew all of Phil's friends. Wait, now that I think about it. I've heard Phil and Dan mention a Pj before. Surely that wasn't this Pj, right?"

"Yeah!" Pj cheered, "I'm friends with him and Dan! Maybe you know me as KickThePj."

He was that Pj! I remembered now! Phil had told me about the whole 'Fantastic Foursome' thing. I had met Chris Kendall before, but not Pj. I wonder why.

At that moment, I had no idea why I wouldn't have met Pj before. Now I realize, fate works in strange ways. You are destined to meet your soulmate, but only at the right time. My time was on a cloudy day in March when I was attacked by a dove.

"Please, allow me to walk you home," Pj grinned, "Just to make sure you don't get attacked by any more birds."

I smiled, "It would be my pleasure."

We both chuckled at our formalness. Pj, being the gentleman he is, grabbed my bag and slung it over his shoulder. I squeezed out my shirt a little more, just as I was beginning to feel the wind. It was bitter sweet, especially since I was sopping wet.

True to his word, Pj walked me the entire way home. As we walked, we talked as well.

"So, what do you like to do?" Pj asked.

I smiled a bit, "I like to paint, a lot, and sometimes I make videos on the internet."

"Really? I do the same!"

I giggled. I guess that throws the idea that opposites attract. At the same time, however, it supports it.

For the rest of the walk, we talked about various subjects. Our channels, our paintings, our hobbies, movies, television shows, etc. By the time we got to my building, I found myself hesitant to leave Pj's company. I loved his company so much, I didn't want to stop being in his company.

"Well, this is where I leave you," Pj grinned, "But, may I have your number?"

"Absolutely."

He handed me a pen so I could write it down on his arm. He promised to call just before turning to leave. I returned to my flat to shower. The entire way up, a smile was plastered on my face.

...

I was laying on my bed, playing my DS, when my phone rang. I opened it to find Phil calling. I sighed, wondering what the issue was now.

"'Ello, Lil."

As he called me Leezy, I always called him Phil. He didn't dislike the name, but he didn't like it at the same time. Same with me and Leezy, I guess.

"Eloise, do you still have the spare bed in your flat?"

I lifted an eyebrow, "If you mean my bunk bed, then yes. Why?"

"Dan's sister's coming in, and she's having some issues. Dan and I thought it might be better if they had a night alone together. Can I come stay with you tonight?"

I pushed myself off the bed and hurried to the closet, "Yeah, of course. Come on."

"I'll be there in ten minutes."

With that, we hung up. I had to stretch to reach the top shelf of the closet, where the spare blankets and pillows were. When I had them, I moved my usual bedding to the top bunk and left the remainder on the bottom bunk. Phil came over sometimes, only when he and Dan got into an argument or Dan was out of town, so I always had spare bedding.

Phil arrived a moment later. He was already dressed in his blue pajama pants and yellow shirt. His black glasses were crooked on his nose, and he hugged a black backpack against his chest.

"Thanks, Leezy," Phil smiled when I let him in.

I shut and locked the door, "No problem."

He dumped his stuff on the foot of the bed and sighed. I moved to the kitchen to make two cups of hot chocolate and asked, "So, what's going on?"

"Dan's sister's flying in from America," Phil sat on the bed, "Her girlfriend just cheated on her, and this is not the first time. So, Dan's gonna help her as I stay low for the night. Give her some space."

I came from the kitchen and handed Phil the Kylo Ren mug. My own hands clenched around a Goofy mug as I sat on the small couch.

"Wow, that sucks, is she alright?"

Phil shrugged, "I don't know, I've never met nor talked to her. From what Dan says, she's pretty heart broken."

We both sipped our chocolate in silence for a moment. I mentally hoped she was better. I think her name was Howl?

When we finished our chocolate, I washed the mugs in the sink. By then, it was fairly late. Unlike Phil, I usually got up fairly early. My brain didn't like to sleep in.

So, I climbed into the top bunk as Phil settled in the bottom. As I turned to face the curtain-less window, I mumbled, "Goodnight, Lil."

"Night, Leezy."

Mentalityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें