Chapter Fifty One: Amelie

"What? What do you mean Howl's in the hospital?!" I exclaimed, placing my hand on the counter.

"She's fine. Really. It was just her appendix. Eloise swung by earlier today. It's her birthday today and we were going to do something for her. But, she's on bed rest right now." Phil replied softly.

"You want me and Chris to come by?"

"Yeah,"

"Okay. I'll get her something and we'll be right over." I smiled and nodded, mostly to myself. "See ya in a bit."

"Yep. See ya." He replied and hung up. I placed the landline down and went into the living room. Chris was sitting on the couch with his laptop. He was doing a stream.

"Hey," I smiled standing behind the laptop. He looked up at me and smiled brightly.

"What's up, Love?" He cocked his head to the side.

"I'll tell you when you're done streaming." I nodded at the laptop. He simply nodded and then patted the space next to him. I sat next to him. The chat was on the right hand side and it was going crazy.

"This is Amelie." Chris smiled and looked at me. I smiled softly. "She is my fiancé."

"Hi." I whispered. The chat went crazy. "We have to go." I looked at Chris. He nodded.

"Is everything okay?"

"A friend is in the hospital." I simply replied. "They requested we go visit." I added.

"You go get ready and I'll finish up here." Chris nodded. I nodded and stood up. I walked into my bedroom, grabbed my shoes and purse, and then walked to the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth. I threw my hair up into a high pony tail before stepping back out into the living room. Chris was on the couch, putting his shoes on.

"Who's in the hospital?"

"Daniel's sister, Howl." I looked at him. "Today's her birthday. So, we have to stop by the store to get her something." I nodded. He stood up and looked at me.

"You had a visitor earlier." Chris stated as we stepped out of the flat.

"Who?"

"Mark and Margie."

"God." I groaned, pulling a key out from my purse and locking the door. "Before you ask, they're apparently my brother and sister. I have no plan on aquatinting myself with them. So, don't." I looked at him. "And, no. They aren't coming to our wedding." I stated firmly.

"Why not?" He asked, walking with me downstairs.

"Chris, they're the siblings that left with my mother. They abandoned me." I looked at him and shook my head. "No one in my family is coming to the wedding." I looked at the ground. "Let's just go." I dismissed the topic and continued going down the stairs. Chris stayed silent and followed behind.

"What happened with Howl?"

"Uh, her appendix... I think that's what Phil said." I nodded and stepped out of the building. "He told me today is her birthday." I added as Chris walked to the curb to hail a cab.

"Really? Greatest birthday ever? Amirite." Chris chuckled as a cab pulled up to the curb. We both got in and I told the cabbie to take us to a shop. "What are you going to get her?" Chris asked as he noticed the store we were pulling up to.

A few months back Howl had told me there were three vinyl records she wanted but couldn't find. Well, I found two of them and then 'Petsounds'. I was going to get those three albums for her. I was going to wait to get them for her for Christmas because I didn't know when her birthday was. But, now that I know it's the 10th of June, I'll get them now. Hopefully she'll want them and Phil hasn't gotten them for her.

"She wanted these two albums. So, I'm getting them for her." I nodded, pulling out my wallet and some money before the cabbie stopped in front of the store.

"I'll wait here." Chris looked at me. I nodded and got out. I walked into the record store and looked for the specific albums.

The record store was small. It was about the size of coffee shop. There were racks pushed against the wall on one side that held records and one the other side were racks that held a few comic books here and there. I've been here once or twice. I liked it. The owners played their own records. Like now they were currently play the best hits of Queen. Howl told me to check them out. I like them.

I went to B for The Beach Boys and grabbed Petsounds. Then I went to P for Panic! At The Disco and grabbed the vinyl for Pretty. Odd. (she told me that was her favorite album and wanted it on a vinyl record.). And finally, I went to Y for The Young Veins and grabbed Take A Vacation! She didn't tell me that she wanted that album. It was an album I was I actually wanted, but I was getting it for her. They didn't have the other album she wanted.

"Will this be all for you?" The rather under enthused cashier asked as he wrote down what I was getting and then cashing me out.

"Can I get a gift receipt?" I asked, handing the person my money. He nodded and printed me a gift receipt. "Thanks, mate." I took the cheap plastic bag and walked back out to the cab where Chris would be waiting for me.

I pulled the door to the cab open and got in.

"D'you get what you need?" Chris asked, tapping the cabbie to let him know we were ready to go.

"Petsounds, Pretty. Odd., and Take A Vacation!" I nodded and held the albums close to my chest.

The drive to the hospital was quick. Chris texted Phil for the room number and then we walked to our friends. I gently knocked before we entered.

"Hey you guys." I smiled softly as we walked into the room. Phil and Howl were asleep on hospital bed. Phil's arms were wrapped around Howl's body. I let out a deep sigh and smiled slightly.

"Hell-Oh." Chris started and then stopped as soon as he realized they were asleep. Phil stirred and then woke up.

"Oh, hey you guys." He wiped his mouth off before he stood up off of the bed.

"Way to go Chris." I playfully smacked his shoulder. He looked away like a puppy.

"No, no. It's fine." Phil waved us off. I looked at Howl. She looked different. Her hair was no longer pink! It was brown!

"How's she doing?" I asked, placing the albums on the small table that was next to her bed.

"Her surgery was rather early this morning. Dan left to go to their parents' house. Pj and Eloise stopped by earlier and we played a few games. She fell asleep 20 minutes before they left. She's getting better." Phil ran a hand through his hair. He looked tired.

"Do you want to go out for a bit?" Chris asked, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. Phil shook his head lightly.

"Nah I'll be fine." He smiled. "Hey, congrats on the whole getting engaged thing." HE looked at us with a big smile. I looked at the ground and smiled slightly.

"Thanks mate. We'll leave you guys." Chris smiled.

"Tell Howl I said hi." I stated before we left.