Chapter Forty Seven: Amelie

Chris was out. He was probably talking to... someone. I have no clue where he is. He's always filled with surprises. Never in my life have I met someone so, well, surprising. I'm still surprised with him proposing. I mean, a month of knowing each other and he just proposes! He wanted to marry me after a month of knowing me? I'm still surprised.

The engagement ring was on my finger. God, this is just so weird. Being engaged. We haven't even said that damn 'L' word. Sure, just because we've been together as an engaged for a little over three months. But, that doesn't mean we have to say it.

There was a slight knock on the door. In a haze of confusion, I stood up and answered it. I honestly wasn't expecting any guests. Maybe it was the post man bringing up a package. Or, maybe a friend is dropping by to surprise me. It could possibly be anything, really.

"Yes?" I pulled the door open and looked at the guest. The post man.

"I have a first class letter for Amelie Ross?" He looked at an envelope that I can only assume has my name on it.

"That's me." I looked at him and nodded. He handed me the mail and then left. I looked at the envelope that was on top. My name was neatly written on top. I pushed the door closed and walked back over to the couch.

I placed the mail on the coffeetable and held the envelope addressed to me in my hands.

"Who would send me mail?" I whispered before tearing the letter open. A slip of paper fell onto my lap.

Dearest Amelie,

I'm writing to you to apologize for what I have done.

Yada. Who is it from? I skimmed over it. Candy Summers... Why does that sound familiar? Why do I know this name?

I picked up the phone and dialed Dan. He's looked up people before.

"Hello?"

"Hey Dan, it's Amelie." I played with the corner of the letter.

"Hey Amelie! Congrats!" He exclaimed happily. "What's up?"

"I need your help with something." I lifted up the note. "I got this letter in the post from a lady named Candy Summers. Can you look her up for me?"

"Doing it." I heard the sound of keys clacking in the background. Another knock on the door.

"God." I groaned, standing up and going to the door. I pulled it open.

"I'm sorry, I'm in the middle of planning my wedding. Who are you?" I snapped, looking at the person.

"Oh! My little sister is getting married!" A person with a very thick Scottish accent exclaimed. "Margie! Ames is getting married!" They yelled down the stairs.

"Amelie, is everything okay?" Dan asked.

"She's on the phone with him!" The man yelled before pushing into the flat.

"Will you piss off and get out of my home!" I shouted, placing the phone on my shoulder. "Leave!"

"Do you really not know who we are? Did you get her letter?"

"Who's letter? Who are you?"

"Will you just tell her, Mark?"

"Tell me what?" I looked at a woman. She came into the flat and stood next to the man. They looked very familiar. They also looked a lot alike. "Who are you?"

"Well, I'm Mark and this is my twin Margie."

"That's good too know."

"Amelie?" Dan asked.

"I'm gonna have to call you back, Daniel." I stated before hanging up. "Who are you?"

"Tell her, Markie."

"Why should I!? She didn't tell us she was getting married!"

"Why would it matter if I told you? You're bleeding strangers!" I shouted at the pair. "Get out of my home!" I pointed at the door.

"Amelie, we're your siblings." Margie smile brightly, wrapping an arm around Mark. I looked at them and shook my head.

"No. My brother and sister left with my mother when I was 3 years old. That was 23 years ago. You come into my home and tell me that you're my brother and sister? Mark and Margie Ross? I think that's a lie." I shook my head.

"Really then," Margie looked at me. "Well, what was your siblings names?" She asked, squinting at me.

"How should I know? I just said I haven't seen them in 23 years. I was three when they left."

"Well, Amelie, this is indeed Margie Ross."

"And this is Mark Ross."

"Proof." I stated. They pulled out their wallets and pulled out their ids. "Well, you're not invited to my wedding." I scoffed, looking at the pair. "Sorry. Get out before I call the police." I spat.

"Don't we get to meet the lucky fella?" Mark asked.

"Or lady." Margie smiled brightly.

"Get out." I spat. The pair nodded and walked out of the flat. I shut the door and let out a deep sigh.