Chapter Seventy Nine: Eloise

I felt better. It might not be a perfect better, but it's still better. I could see the light through the darkness. The light was small, but it was there. It wouldn't be there if it weren't for Phil, Maia, Dan, and Howl. They were the ones who pulled me from the darkness.

In fact, Phil said he would help me look for a new flat. My old one already rented out. I couldn't stay here forever. So, we decided I would stay here, with Dan and Phil, until Vidcon. Once Vidcon was over, I'd find my own place.

Although, by then, that place might be here with Phil. I'm completely expecting for Dan to move out with Maia. She has a nice, large, apartment. More than likely they would go there. When Dan left, Phil would be heartbroken. He would be happy for his best friend, but heartbroken all the same. Phil had issues with living alone. It never ended well for him.

That's all in the future. Right now, I can focus on spending time with my brother and two of my best friends. We're all looking forward to Vidcon. Maia asked the doctor, and he said she can fly and the babies will be fine. We'll stop in New York, then Howl will go with us to L.A. At least, that's what Phil said.

Heck, even Chris will be there. Many of my YouTube friends will be there. Chris, Tyler, Ian, Anthony, Pamela, Miel, Louise, Joey, Rhett, Link, Felix, Marzia, everybody. They'll all be there. True, he will be there as well, but I don't have to face him directly.

At the moment, Phil and Dan were gone. Dan decided it was best to get Phil out of the house. I had completely forgotten, every time I go down, Phil goes down with me. Whether I like it or not, he's coming. Unfortunately, with Howl being gone, it's so much worse for him. I feel so bad.

Luckily, he agreed to go with Dan. I'm not sure where they went, but they're going to be gone for awhile. Phil still doesn't trust me not to just up and leave, so Maia agreed to stay with me. We were on the couch, chatting about our comic book, when there was a knock on the door.

"I got it," Maia stated.

I placed a hand on her shoulder, "It's alright, Maia. I'm a big girl, I can get it. You need to rest."

"I'm pregnant, not dying."

"Shut up and stay seated," I stood up, "God, Dan would groan loudly just at the knock, and he wouldn't stop until Phil or I answered it."

Maia chuckled, "I guess I should be more like Dan."

"Exactly my point!"

I left her laughing. There was another knock on the door. As I approached, I grumbled, "Jesus, keep your pants on. It's like you're a damn woodpecker or something."

When I arrived at the white door, I wrapped my hand around the doorknob. It seemed simple at first, but it wasn't, not in the slighter. In reality, it was the worst.

I swung the door open to see none other than senior dickhead himself standing there. Pj looked down at me with a pale and exasperated expression. Just as I saw him, all of my insides became mush.

"I knew you'd be here," he breathed.

I could barely speak. Somehow, I managed, "Where else would I be. What do you want, Pj?"

"I want to talk to you," he looked so torn down and broken, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the yelling, and I'm sorry for the fights. I just-I'm-"

"Save it, you're wasting your breath."

It was all I could do to keep a level head. I thought I was slowly losing sight of the light. I was able to grasp at whatever was left.

"Eloise-"

"Don't," I raised my hand, my voice cracking, "Pj, just don't."

He looked like he was about to protest, but I slammed the door in his face. As soon as the door shut, I hurried back up to Maia.

"Who was it?" she asked.

I fell on the couch and wrapped my arms around a pillow, "Pj."

"Oh no," she grabbed my arm, "Eloise, what did he say?"

I was unable to answer. There was another loud knock on the door. Maia gazed off towards it, an angry expression crossing her face.

"He's not going to leave until we answer," she mumbled.

"Maia, don't."

She squinted, "Stay here, Eloise. I'll take care of this."

She stood up and walked to the door. As it opened, I buried my face in the pillow. I could still hear what they said, however.

"Go away, Pj," Maia coolly demanded.

Pj huffed, "I have to talk to Eloise. It's important."

"Obviously not," Maia spat, "Do you know what you did?"

"Maia, I can explain. Please-"

"No, Pj. You don't deserve to speak to her. So take your high and mighty ass and go back home."

I was shocked. Maia doesn't cuss, Maia never cusses. She even cusses less than Phil, and that's saying something. Yet, here she was, saying ass. This was, wow, this was something.

I heard the door slam. Maia hiked herself back up and sat across from me. When she saw me staring at her in awe, she lifted an eyebrow.

"What?"

"You said ass," I grinned.

"Yeah," she smirked, "He deserved. Nobody does that to my best friend."

"Thank you."

I moved over to hug her. When we pulled apart, I rested my head on her shoulder.

"Maia," I caught her attention.

She looked down at me, "Hm?"

"Say bitch."

"Oh my God, Eloise, no," she covered her eyes with her hands.

"Come on, Maia, you're on a roll," I smiled, "It's just a simple word."

"No."

"Maia!"

"No!"

"Say it!"

"Never."

I pouted. She looked down at me and sighed, "You know that doesn't work on me."

"Dammit," I frowned, "Worth a shot."