1.

"Are you ready for your interview, little love?" Austin asks me, and I nod, tapping my foot rapidly on the floor. Was I ready? Absolutely fucking not.

"Sure, yeah, sure, just look at all the people here for the interview, yeah." I say nervously, making sure my pastel pink sweater was neat and clean, and I stare down at my Converse, resting my hands on my knees. Am I even close to ready? Absolutely fucking not.

"Stop it, you're going to scare yourself to death. Look at me." My best friend says, and I do. He smiles, moving the dark locks of hair away from my face gently, and I smile back, relaxing. What would I do with my best friend? I don't fucking know, and I have to stop using the word "fucking" in every sentence.

"You're going to do fine, trust me. Just relax, and stare him right in the eyes. Nothing is going to happen to you." He says, and I nod, clinging onto his arm tightly. Just be patient, be calm.

"Kellin Quinn Bostwick! Who the hell? Oh, you! Get over here!" A demanding voice snaps, and I jump in my seat, looking at the Mexican man standing at his office door. He had long brown hair that curled at the ends, and he looked muscular under his tight white button down. To say he's attractive is an understatement, he looks like a sex god.

"I don't have all day, get over here!" He yells, and I squeak, giving Austin one last glance before rushing into his office. I can swear I see Vic's head dip down when I walk in.

He slams the door behind me, making me jump and sit down quickly, and he sits in his leather office chair in front of me, leaning over his desk and examining me.

"Do you know my name?" He asks, and I nod, swallowing, and staying quiet.

"What is it, then?" He snaps, and I widen my eyes.

"Victor Vincent Fuentes." I rush out, and he furrows his eyebrows together, watching me for another moment. I avert my eyes from his. It hasn't even been a minute and I feel so intimidated. Why did I sign up for this again?

Oh yeah, because I need a job to pay for my apartment, whom I live with my two cats and my many succulent plants.

"Why are you wearing pink?" He asks, and I frown a little.

"Because I really like the color pink." I say in a defeated voice, and he snaps.

"Eyes on mine when you speak to me!" He yells, and I immediately look at him, gripping at the arm rests of my chair tightly.

"Why do you want a job here?" He asks, leaning back, and I swallow a little.

"W-Well, I have an a-apartment-" I start, and he hushes me.

"I hate people who stutter, restart that sentence properly, you aren't a child, you're a grown man." He says snakily, and I nod quickly.

"I live in an apartment alone, and I need to pay the rent and all, it's really expensive living down here and I can't really afford to do it at my other job-" I start, and he hushes me again.

"Now you're ranting, shut up." He says, and I do, letting him stare at me again.

"What do I do now?" I ask softly, and he flares up in anger. Fuck!

"What, Quinn? What do you do now? You fucking sit there and let me observe you until I say you can fucking do anything else!" He roars, and I cross my arms over my chest.

"Anger issues much?" I murmur, my sassy side quickly taking over my sadness, and his eyes darken.

"Excuse me, Quinn?" He whispers darkly, and I stare at him, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I'm not scared of you, Fuentes, so how about you calm down? I don't want the job, fuck off." I say angrily, getting up and walking off, and I feel myself being yanked back by him as he spins me back around.

"And where the hell do you think you're going? You work for me now and that's fucking final!" He yells, and I squeal happily. I got the job after that whole ordeal?

"I got the job?" I squeak.

"You're not a pipsqueak anymore, you're a hardworking assistant! Don't fucking squeal! I want you here at seven a.m sharp tomorrow, do you fucking understand?" He asks, and I nod quickly, not being able to contain the smile on my face. I got the job!

"Now fuck off." He growls, and I skip out of his office happily, people staring at me, and Austin smiling brightly as I plop down on his lap. Before he can say anything, I hear Vic's demanding voice.

"Lauren, we have a new worker!"