27.

"Baby... You're going to work today." Mike announces, shaking me from my slumber, and I shake my head, groaning. I'm not ready for that, not after yesterday's breakdown.

"C'mon, please? You can't just stay here all day, baby. It's so unhealthy." He whispers, sitting next to me and rubbing my back, and I look at him, frowning.

"I-I... I really miss Vic." I whisper quietly, and he nods, caressing my cheek gently. I don't want to be in the same workplace as him, I might have another breakdown.

"I know, just give each other some space, you two will be okay after a while. Now come on, let's get you dressed and ready for the day. I just want you to get out for a bit." He says, and I nod, climbing out of bed and into his arms. He carries me into the bathroom, stripping me of my clothes, pointing to the shower.

"Go, be quick. I'll go lay out your uniform." He says, and I nod, quickly getting into the shower and closing the glass door. I turn on the hot water, letting it burn my skin, and I rub my face, sighing. I hope to see him today.

I wash up quickly, hopping out and wrapping a towel around my body, Danielle coming in with her work uniform on.

"You're going to work, too?" I ask.

"Yeah, I can't be in here any longer. I need to get something productive done." She hums, wrapping a towel around my hair, turning around to let me put on my panties and pants. She turns around again, helping me into my button-up, and I notice that it's Vic's.

"I-I... Dani!" I cry, starting to sob, and she hushes me, hugging me and rubbing my shoulders.

"It's okay, it's okay, you might see him today! No tears today, okay? Today's gonna be an amazing day." She says, and I nod slowly, rubbing away my tears. I hope he does the same as me, so I can see his face again.

"Okay, yeah, okay. I got this." I whisper, and she plants a big kiss to my cheek, making me giggle. She turns me to face the mirror, pulling my hair out of the towel, playing with it a little.

"I love your hair," She murmurs, and I smile a little, staring at myself in the mirror.

"Yeah... Vic does, too." I say quietly. She nods, brushing it out a little, framing it along my shoulders. She gives me a little nod, and we leave the bathroom, going downstairs to see Mike and Romi getting ready for the day.

"Where's Trace?" I ask, and Mike sighs.

"Took off already, we better get there quick before she tries to hunt him down and destroy him." He says, and I nod, skipping outside and getting into Mike's car.

"Nuh-uh, get out! I call shotgun!" Danielle yells, and I laugh, buckling my seatbelt, Danielle sitting behind me. She reaches for my hand, and I reach back to hold hers.

"I'm tired, I hate you, all." Romi announces, and Mike gives her a glare.

"Wake up, you'll get coffee at work. We can do this." He says, and I give Romi a smile. She smiles back.

"See, Kellin has a nice smile, fuck you, Michael. Smile at me." She says, and he laughs, giving her a smile. I stare at him, closing my eyes. I love my friends.

"Blah blah, i'm going to speed." Mike says, speeding down the empty roads, getting to work rather quickly. We all get out, and I take a deep breath, closing my eyes. I can do this.

"Come." Mike whispers, and we all walk into the building, everyones' eyes immediately landing on me. I take a nervous breath, quickly walking to my cubicle, and everyone behind me disperses into their jobs. I give Mike a weak smile, and I give him a reassuring one. I walk into my office quietly, none other than Vic sitting there in his seat, glasses perched on his nose. My beautiful baby.

"Vic," I breathe, and his head snaps up, his eyes immediately landing on mine. I swallow back the lump in my throat, just staring at him, and he comes over to me, pushing me against the door softly, his arms wrapping around me tightly. I fling my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly, biting my lip to hold back my tears.

"Baby-"

"Shh, let me hold you." He whispers, and I nod, tears spilling down my cheeks.

"You're here," I whisper, and he nods, hugging me tighter than ever. I start to cry again, and he kisses my shoulder, lifting me up against the door. I kiss his forehead, his body trembling, his fingers gripping onto my shirt.

"Don't cry, i'm here. I-I'm here, baby," I whisper, wiping away the tear that rolls down his cheek, and he sighs, resting his head on my collarbone, taking a deep breath.

"I love you." He whispers, his eyes fluttering closed, and I hold his head tightly to my chest.

"I love you, too-" I start, but i'm cut off with two loud bangs and people screaming. I gasp, scrambling off of Vic, swinging open the door. I almost faint when I see Jaime swinging a gun around, Trace wounded on the floor, a smirk on his face when his eyes land on me.