9.

"Kellin? Kellin," I hear a soft female voice say, and I groan softly, covering my face. Thanks for disturbing me from my dream, asshole.

"Kells? Are you awake? Kellin," The person whines, and I sigh loudly, the voice sounding all too familiar.

"Hm? Oh, uh, hi, Danielle," I say when I turn around, and she gives me a soft smile, her face stained with tears. I take her hand softly in mine.

"What's wrong?" I ask, and she shakes her head, rubbing her eyes.

"I'm just tired. I'm really sorry for acting like a bitch, I just... I don't know," She whispers, trailing off, and I sit up, frowning.

"Yeah, it's okay, don't worry. Why are you crying?" I ask, and she shakes her head again. Did something happen between her and Vic? 

"Just... Vic and I don't love each other anymore, the feelings aren't there," She whispers, and I pull her in for a tight hug, letting her sob into my shoulder.

"Talk to me," I whisper, and she sniffles a little.

"We never really got along and I always found myself not knowing what to do, I never realized that I was forcing myself to feel emotions that were never there. I feel like I used him," She whispers, breaking down into another fit of sobs, and I hush her, rubbing her back slowly.

"It's okay, Danielle, it's okay, you were never using him. You two just fell out of love, and that's definitely okay," I whisper, and she rubs her eyes, taking a deep breath.

"I think he really likes you, Kells," She whispers, and I shake my head, looking down at the bedsheets.

"He doesn't, I know he doesn't, he's just so mean and demanding, I can't take-" I start, but she cuts me off.

"Before me, there was an abusive relationship, Kellin. He doesn't... He doesn't mean it, it's just his natural reaction." She whispers, and I widen my eyes. Vic? An abusive relationship?

"He's really sweet and nice, but he can get so angry so quickly, and it takes a hell of a lot to calm him down. It's just him self-defense. I'm not the one to calm him down, he never listens, but I know that he listens to you. I know you two would be good for each other," She says, and I shrug, playing with my fingers. Maybe she's right.

"And he's been destroying himself over you, honestly. He's really sorry, he really is. He'll come around eventually, I promise," She whispers, and I nod slowly.

"Spend the day with me?" I ask, and she nods, smiling.

"Let me just get a few things." She says, getting up, and I nod, smiling at her.

When she comes back, we spend the day reading magazines, choosing out clothes, letting me paint her nails, and shopping for panties. I swear to God, I can be so girly at times. It's actually a lot of fun hanging out with her.

"Wow, you did a good job with painting my nails, i'm very impressed," She giggles, and I smile triumphantly, giggling.

"I'm glad you like it, i'm-" I start, but i'm cut off with the door slowly opening, revealing Vic. I look at Danielle, and she gives me a soft smile, kissing my cheek. I swear I can see Vic tense.

"I'll see you later, call me," She whispers, and I nod, letting her wordlessly get up and leave. Vic moves out the way for her to exit. I look at Vic, gnawing on my lip, and he shuts the door silently.

Well, fuck.