11.

[note: there is a trigger warning in this chapter, please don't read on if you're easily triggered by abuse. i love you guys.]

"Vic resigned?"

"Oh my God, Vic resigned!"

"I can finally have some peace!"

"Seriously? Vic resigned?"

"Who's going to take over?"

That's all i've been hearing, all morning. It's scaring the living Hell out of me. Did Vic seriously resign, or was it a spur of the moment thing? Where is he now? I'm so fucking worried about him, yet I shouldn't be. He's such a fucking horrible man.

"Mike, where are you?" I call out, and he immediately rushes to my side, pulling my hood off my head, examining my bruised cheek.

"I'm just as confused as you, Vic is in fucking New York-"

"What the hell? When did he take a flight to New York? Are you fucking kidding me?" I ask, widening my eyes, and he shrugs.

"Probably late last night, that's almost a six hour fucking flight. I can't fucking believe this, you and I have to be in charge for the time being," He says, and I groan loudly. Great, just great.

I yank out my phone, shoving Mike in his office and shutting the door, and I immediately dial Danielle's number.

"Where the fuck is Vic?" She asks immediately when she answers, and I whine loudly.

"God, he resigned, he's in New York-"

"So he thinks he can fucking run away from his damn problems? Huh?" She asks, and I stay quiet.

"I drove him away-"

"Don't you dare say that, he brought this upon himself! I'll be back," She growls, hanging up, and I wrap my arms slowly around Mike, resting my head gently on his chest. I wish I never acted so bratty.

"Tell me what happened, baby. What did he say?" He asks, and I sniffle, tears welling at my eyes immediately. I hate to tell him, but I have to.

"Um. He started off really gentle, really quiet voice. He asked me why I was talking to Danielle, and why she was in my room. I don't know what was going through his mind. I really hope he didn't think I was fucking her," I whisper, and he nods, tightening his grip around me.

"Continue."

[trigger warning below.]

"Why are you with Danielle? What did she tell you? You know damn well we aren't together," He says, his voice rising with each word, his nostrils flaring in fury. I take a step back, trying to process everything. He can't be seriously angry over this.

"S-She just came to apologize, relax. She d-didn't say anything bad about you, I promise, I swear," I rush out, trembling in fear. He grabs my wrists, yanking me close, squeezing them so tight that I feel my bones ache with deep pain. I let out a whimper, trying to pull away.

"V-Vic! Yo-you're hurting me, i'm sorry, I didn't d-do anything with her!" I cry, tears streaming down my face, and he shoves me back, letting me stumble back and collapse on the floor.

"What the fuck did she tell you?! Tell me what she told you!" He yells, crawling over me and pinning my bruising wrists down. I cry out loudly, kicking and screaming.

"S-Stop, you're hurting me! You're hurting m-me!" I cry out, trying to kick him as hard as I can, and he punches me in the jaw and on the cheek, black spots blurring my vision. I close my eyes, screaming loudly for my dear life.

"Danielle! Danielle, D-Danielle!" I howl, and she comes running into the room, slapping Vic straight across the face and scratching him with her nails. I gasp, crawling forward, his eyes looking oddly different. Is he high? Is he drunk?

"Danielle, don't h-hurt him, don't hurt him, this isn't him, please," I beg, flinging my arms around his neck, hugging him. And the moment that he's about to hug me back, she rips him away from me, hitting him again, and again.

"Get the fuck up and come with me!" She screeches, and he does get up, letting her drag him by the front of his shirt, his arms going limp. I hug my knees to my chest, crying my heart out. He isn't sober, and I love him. He isn't sober, he's sad, he's depressed, and he took his anger out on me.

And the bad thing is that, I wanted him to.

[end of trigger warning]

"It's okay, baby, he'll be back, he has to come back," He whispers, and I hold onto him tighter, letting him rock me back and forth. I don't know what to do, think, or say.

"I know," I whisper shakily, and he lifts me up in his arms, my arms draping around his neck as I tiredly rest my head on his shoulder. I close my eyes, his hand slowly rubbing my back.

"What were you doing last night?" He asks, and I shake my head.

"I was finishing some paperwork that Vic assigned me, I guess I had no reason to do it," I murmur, my eyes staying shut, and he hums a little, nodding.

"I'm gonna shred it when we get home. Do you want me to-"

"Oh, my poor baby, put him down, Mike!" Tracie hisses, bursting into the room, and I laugh softly, Mike setting me down on my toes. I turn around to face her.

"You poor thing, i'm so ready to rip out Vic's eyes and throat, you haven't slept in forever, you're sleeping over with Romi, Danielle and I tonight." She says, and I nod, smiling brightly. A night with my girls sounds great.

"Romi went to go get your things, and Mike, you're not allowed." She says, and Mike whines.

"No, I want to come, you guys can do my hair and everything," He whines, pulling off his snapback and letting his hair fall to the side, and she sighs loudly.

"Can we dye it? That would be great," She giggles, and he nods, smiling brightly.

"Yes, I want to know how a girl's night goes. Do you guys wear lingerie-"

"God, not with boys there! Kellin does, though," She giggles, and I roll my eyes, my face heating up.

"Ugh, shut up, let's go," I whine, shoving her away playfully, and Mike lets out a low whistle.

"Damn, i'm definitely showing up tonight!"

"Oh, shut it!"

This will be good for me. A night without Vic is going to be great. He won't show up, he won't be there to interrupt.

I hope not.