Prologue

Emory Gilbert is the older sister of Elena and Jeremy Gilbert. She used to think that vampires, werewolves, and witches were all just legends and stories meant to scare little children. But when Stefan and Damon Salvatore come to town,  Emory realizes just how wrong she was.

Everyone in her family is grieving the loss of their parents and Emory is trying to keep them all together. She's trying to keep Elena and Jeremy from ruining their sibling bond over their differing coping mechanisms, Jeremy turning to drugs and Elena turning to becoming a control freak. Emory is trying to keep their Aunt Jenna relaxed with the new change in responsibilities, having 3 teenagers thrown onto her lap, expected to parent them with no experience. Emory is fighting to keep them all in one piece but she hasn't set time aside to try and keep herself together.

As Emory learns of the supernatural and her adoption, she begins to fall apart. She begins hallucinating symbols and waking up from weird dreams with scratches covering her arms, something is wrong with her. But, as a handsome original hybrid comes barrelling into town wanting to sacrifice her sister, she realizes that she needs to keep herself together just a little bit longer to protect Elena. She doesn't want to loose another family member, not after losing two in the same night.

Now with Klaus in town, Emory feels drawn to him and his dangerous, broken soul. Emory realizes she may have more in common with the devil than she thought. 

AUTHORS NOTE: So this is my first story, it's going to be a Klaus fan-fiction, but throughout the beginning, you won't see much of their relationship, I just wanted to introduce Emory as her own character instead of as a girl who's in love with Klaus. Also, Emory will be played by Lucy Hale. Thank you guys for reading! I hope you enjoy. (also if anyone would like to make me a new cover, or suggest an alternate title, that would be amazing, and I could dedicate a chapter to you)

I did not make TVD, no characters are my own other than Emory Gilbert and any additional characters I make up beyond the TVD storyline. This is a fan fiction, I have my own character and all of her lines are my own.