Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Our Own, Cop Free, House

The next day at school was pretty normal. Everyone was just super excited and anxious for the party so the day went by quickly and before I knew it I was on my way home to start getting ready. Elena was sitting next to me as I was driving us home, talking to me about Mr.Hot Back, "What should I wear tonight? I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard but I also don't want to look like I'm not trying at all?" Elena asked me with her voice strained with concern, "Emory help me!" She yelled when I didn't answer fast enough.

I rolled my eyes but kept my focus on the road as we pulled into our neighborhood, I gave her an answer, "Honestly El, it's just a bonfire. Wear a sweatshirt and some jeans, it's going to get cold. And Mr.Hot Back won't care what you wear, he's basically already in love with you," I said sighing at the end as I parked my car at the house and got out, leaving Elena sitting in the car still processing what I had said. 

As I approached the door I finally heard the car door closing and I saw Elena heading towards me with a frustrated look on her face, "He has a name," She said sternly and I headed into the house with her following close behind.

"Yes, and it's Mr.Hot Back," I said, teasing her as I removed my shoes and started heading upstairs before she could yell at me.

"Emory!" I heard Elena yell, sighing as she removed her own shoes and followed me up the stairs. 

She made eye contact with me and I just smiled suggestively at her as I started to sing, "Elena and Mr. Hot Back sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-" Before I could finish, Elena sighed and ran into her room, slamming her door in frustration. I began to laugh as I walked towards my own room and began to get ready.

Once both me and Elena were ready we headed to the party, the party was already in full swing, everyone had a beer and people were making out and dancing everywhere. We headed towards Bonnie and filled her in on the Mr. Hot Back drama. Bonnie and I began teasing Elena about it. When Bonnie and I started laughing so much that we couldn't even form the words to tease Elena anymore, we calmed down and got more serious.

"So where is Mr.Hot Back anyway?" I asked, and then turned to Bonnie with a questioning look, "Bonnie, do you have any psychic vibes you want to share, need me to get your cape? Let us know if he's running late or dead in a ditch somewhere," I asked as I patted Bonnie's shoulder in mock reassurance. Elena and I laughed a little, as we looked at Bonnie, awaiting an answer.

"Okay, well give me a sec, Grams says I need to concentrate," Bonnie said as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Are you casting a spell, or doing yoga?" I asked sarcastically, causing Bonnie to peak open one of her eyes and glare at me, I shrugged my shoulders innocently and she closed her eyes once again.

Before Bonnie can do any psychic predicting, Elena yelled, "Wait! You need a crystal ball," I laughed slightly at this and nodded enthusiastically, agreeing.

"Oh I got this," I said as I finished off my beer bottle and handed it to Bonnie, "there," I said, proud of my last minute thinking, "now resume your psychic-ing," I encouraged as Bonnie laughed slightly and reached for the empty bottle.

Bonnie closed her eyes again and placed her hands on the bottle, Bonnie opened her eyes abruptly and her gaze bounced around, frightened as she got a scared look on her face. Her gaze ended on me and Elena, where she began to switch her eyes back and forth rapidly between us. "What?" Elena asked Bonnie with concern evident in her eyes, her question barely even a whisper because of her obvious fear.

"That was weird," Bonnie responded dismissively. "When I touched you El, I saw a black crow," At this Elena seemed to have a look of realization appear on her face but Bonnie ignored as she turned to me, "and Em I saw these piercing blue eyes," I suddenly and fiercely remembered the eyes of the stranger in the blue Camaro, as his image attacked my brain and I felt a shiver go down my spine. "I don't know I'm drunk," Bonnie said, trying to relieve the obvious tension that was now floating heavily around the three of us. Elena and I looked at each other worried and shocked. "There's nothing psychic about it, it's the drinking. I'm going to go get a refill," Bonnie said, again trying to dismiss it as she shook her head in denial. She looked almost as scared as me and Elena as she left us alone by the fire to get more beer.