Chapter 16

Chapter 16 - Murder is a Turn Off

The next morning, I woke up to someone banging on my door, "Get up," I heard them yell, "Meet me in Elena's room," the knocking stopped and I heard footsteps going away from the door. 

I groaned loudly, but eventually got up from my bed and quickly got dressed and then ran into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Once I was done, I walked over to Elena's room and went inside to find Bonnie sitting on the bed talking to Elena.

"Bonnie!" I yelled, running up to hug her. "How're you doing?" I asked her as I pulled away from the hug and sat next to her on the bed.

"I'm fine," Bonnie said, "But Elena is not, she's wallowing," Bonnie said, looking to Elena with worry.

"Yeah, El, are you going to stay there forever?" I asked, gesturing to how Elena was buried in blankets on her bed.

"Yep," Elena responded, cuddling further into her pillow.

"Move over," Bonnie and I said at the same time. Elena moved towards the middle of the bed, allowing me and Bonnie to lay down next to her.

"I'm officially worried," Bonnie said, resting her head in her hand as she looked at Elena. "What's going on?" She asked.

Elena sighed and stared at her ceiling, "I'm tired of thinking, of talking, I-" Elena started, but I interrupted her.

"Can we get a shorter version? So that we can do our job and help you?" I asked her, with a reassuring smile.

"Stefan and I broke up," Elena said, now making eye contact with Bonnie.

"I'm so sorry," Bonnie said with sympathy, "Are you ok? No, wait that's a stupid question," Bonnie said, sighing.

"No El," I said as I moved to sit up, "Stop it, stop moping and sniffling and just, do literally anything else," I said, raising my eyebrows at Elena.

"Then, get my mind off of it," Elena said, looking to me and Bonnie.

"Just remember you asked for it," Bonnie said with a smile as she got out off the bed, and went and shut Elena's window. She returned to the bed with a pair of scissors. She removed a pillow from a pillow case and cut it open, spilling the feathers on the bed.

"Hey," Elena yelled.

"What are you-" I started to say but was interrupted by Bonnie.

"Uh, be patient," She said, as she discarded the now destroyed pillow and moved to sit on the bed with the feathers. "I need to swear you guys to secrecy," 

"It's kind of a bad week for that kind of stuff," Elena said with a sigh.

"Elena, just do it, it's our best friend," I said, lightly shoving Elena.

"Swear, 'cause I'm not supposed to be showing you this," Bonnie said, staring at Elena with a pleading look in her eyes.

"I swear to secrecy Bon," I say, smiling.

"Okay. I swear," Elena said, shrugging her shoulders.

Bonnie smiled, "Okay, there's no windows open right?" She asked Elena.

"Right," Elena said, looking to her windows to make sure.

"There's no fan, no air conditioning?" Bonnie continued to ask, now looking at me.

"Right," I said holding my finger up, "I feel no breeze. Now, what are you doing?" I asked her, confused.

"Grams just showed me this," Bonnie said as she smiled, "you're gonna love it," Bonnie paused and looked at both me and Elena seriously, "You ready?" She asked. To which both Elena and I nodded. Bonnie stared down at the feathers and placed her hand above one and began to lift it, the feather following about an inch beneath her her hand. She moved it slowly up and down a couple times before she let it fall and rested her hand on her knee.