Chapter 9

Chapter 9 - Cheers

After the Founders Ball, I was waiting for Damon to tell me his full story that he had vaguely introduced, but I hadn't heard from him yet and it had been 3 days. I was planning on heading over to the Salvatore house after school, but I'd have to survive the school day first.

As I was eating breakfast with Jenna, Elena came downstairs, "Jenna," she whispered demandingly, catching Jenna's attention as well as mine.

"Why are we whispering?" I asked her, mocking her hushed voice.

"Because, Jeremy has Vicki upstairs, in his bed," Elena said, sounding surprised, causing me to laugh. Elena looked towards Jenna, "Aunt Jenna, do you know about this?" Elena asked, ignoring my laughter.

"Uh-huh," Jenna said, not having much of a reaction.

"And you have no objection?" Elena asked, almost disapprovingly.

"He could be craftier about it, at least make an effort to sneak her in and out," Jenna said, rolling her eyes, causing me to laugh and smile at Jenna. "Oh, and just so you guys know, I won't be home for dinner," she said, quickly moving on from Elena's concern and smiling sheepishly.

"Oh, do you have a date?" I asked her, teasingly.

"Yeah Em, she's going out with Logan," Elena said, singing his name and teasing Jenna.

"I'm going to show up and torture him," Jenna said defensively.

"Yeah, because the only way to torture a man is to go out with him, and give him exactly what he wants. Great logic Aunt Jenna," I said mockingly.

"Hey, don't be mean, at least I have a date," Jenna said, glaring at me. I stuck my tongue out at her and crossed my arms, she just rolled her eyes and turned her attention to Elena. "Have you heard from Stefan?" She asked, causing me to grimace, knowing it was a sensitive topic.

Elena sighed, "Not since he left that very vague message three days ago," she paused, and began mocking Stefan's voice, "Hi, um Elena, I um, I have something I have to do, I'll uh, explain in a few days," me and Jenna laughed at her Stefan impression.

"Have you called him?" Jenna asked, still smiling at her comedic impression.

"Yeah El, if you do can you ask what happened to his stalker brother? I need to talk to him," Elena gave me a confused look and I shrugged my shoulders dismissively in response.

"Nope, I'm not going to call him, and Em I'm not going to ask about his brother, why don't you just call him yourself?" Elena slammed the box of cereal she had just poured into a bowl onto the counter, and sighed, "Just leave it, okay? I'm not going to be one of those pathetic girls whose world's stop spinning because of some pathetic guy," She picked up her bowl and scooped a mouthful of cereal into her mouth, "I'll be fine." She said in between chews, leaving the kitchen.

I looked towards Jenna and saw her with a look of concern, "She'll be okay Aunt Jenna, you've had plenty of relationship drama, you should be able to understand what Elena is going through," I said reassuringly as I sat on the counter, earning a glare from Jenna in response.

"I know, and that's exactly why I'm so worried," She sighed, seeming to be remembering something, "boys make you do crazy things. Emory, you're not allowed to date, all boys are bad," She said, mocking a stern voice causing us both to laugh.

"Oh, phew," I said, wiping my forehead, "that means I can still date girls right?" I asked, getting a smile in return from Jenna.

"Leave Emory," Jenna said, pulling me from the counter and pushing me towards the door.