Chapter 11

Chapter 11 - Jedi Mind Tricks

When I woke up the next day I realized Elena was gone, I immediately stood up and ran around the house, "Elena!" 

"In the bathroom," I heard her yell, causing me to let out a sigh of relief. 

She soon came down the stairs all dressed, "Where are you going?" I asked her.

"To meet Stefan," She said casually.

"What? You're going to meet your undead vampire boyfriend, who you just found out was undead and a vampire less than 10 hours ago?" I asked, shocked. I blocked her from leaving the house by standing in front of the door with my arms crossed.

"Em, I'm giving him a chance to explain, I'll be fine, we'll be in a public place, and I'll tell you all about it when I get back," She said, reaching for the door handle.

I slapped her hand away, "Okay, but be careful alright? And make sure you tell me everything," I said, giving her a hug and letting her leave the house, causing me to sigh as I went upstairs and began getting ready.

After I was dressed, I ate some breakfast and then decided to head to the Salvatore house to try and find Damon. I threw a couple pencils in my purse, it was the closest thing I had to a wooden stake, and I hoped at least that it would cause some damage if I needed it to.

When I got to the Salvatores and knocked on the door, shockingly the person who answered it was Vicki, who was half-naked. "Hi?" I said, confused, "What're you doing here?"

"I don't know, what're you doing here Emory?" she said defensively, and it was obvious she was drunk.

"Is Damon here?" I asked her, she just rolled her eyes and moved away from the door so that I could enter.

"Who's at the-" Damon started to say as he walked towards the door, but he saw me and smiled, "Ah Emory Gilbert, it's been too long," He said.

"Yeah well you're the one who didn't return my calls so if it's been too long, it's your own fault," I said rudely as I walked past him towards his bourbon, he followed behind me.

"Still want me to tell you the full story?" he asked as he sat down and Vicki sat in his lap.

"Nope, I already know it, vampire, fangs, the whole undead thing," I said, making growling noises and biting motions. Damon looked shocked but didn't interrupt me, "But I am interested in this story," I said referring to him and Vicki.

"Vicki, leave us alone for a minute," Damon said, standing up causing Vicki to fall on the floor. She glared and looked annoyed but didn't say anything as she stood up and left. "How do you know?" Damon asked me.

"Because Elena found out about Stefan and I followed her here last night and was there for the whole confrontation and confession," I said pouring myself a glass of bourbon.

"Ah, is there trouble in paradise?" he asked smiling.

"Not really, they're hanging out today so by next week they'll have their puppy love back," I said rolling my eyes, "She's going to end up getting herself killed I swear,"

"Well what about you, Stefan is the one who feeds on animals. I, on the other hand, love the taste of human blood," He said, slowly getting closer to me and smiling with his fangs as veins appeared under his eyes.

I think he expected me to cower in fear or scream, but I held up my hand to his chest and rolled my eyes at him, "Good for you, but I'm not here to be a blood bag," I said with a smile as he began to get closer and I rolled my eyes, "I just thought since my sister was with one of the Salvatore brothers putting her life in danger, I'd do the same. Plus, you're the fun one with the alcohol," I said as I finished off my glass of bourbon and went to move past Damon to go refill it but he stopped me.