12 - Waffles

Let's get you two ready for bed Tony said chasing the girls around the house, "You're never going to catch me Abba" Kai laughed running away, Tony chased her through the rooms then in the hall another voice appeared "‎אבּא שלוס" Tali whispered from upstairs he turned round pretending to chase her but instead he waited for Kai to appear and picked her up, she giggled as he threw her in the air. He took her into her new room (which she loved) to get pyjamas, after she was ready and playing in her room he carried on chasing after Tali who he eventually caught and changed.

Tony asked the girls where they wanted to sleep, with him or in their room, Kai wasn't sure but Tali wanted to be with him so Kai picked with him as well.

Ziva sent Tony a text the next morning saying she would be over at ten because she wanted to go shopping for a while first without the girls.

Tony sat in bed on his phone for an hour because the girls where on each side of him and if he moved he might wake them up. "Ima here" Tali asked as soon as she woke up "not yet Tali" Tony said but she started to cry waking Kai up "Kai go play in your bedroom ok" Tony told her "Tali" he started as Kai left quietly "Ima will be here later, she's gone shopping" "I want to go with her" Tali huffed "how about we make her breakfast for when she gets back" Tony suggested earning a slight smile from Tali but as quickly as it came it faded "what if she doesn't come back" "She will" Tony reassured her.

Tony sent Tali to get Kai while he got dressed, the three of them walked downstairs together. Tony sat them on the kitchen counter and cleared a space between them, they decided on waffles but not any waffles the girls demanded rainbow waffles. The girls made a huge mess of the kitchen before they even started making the waffles, Tali kept tipping over the flour while Kai kept eating the sugar and chocolate pieces.

 The girls made a huge mess of the kitchen before they even started making the waffles, Tali kept tipping over the flour while Kai kept eating the sugar and chocolate pieces

When they eventually finished the waffles they had red, yellow, green, blue and purple rainbows, Tony cut up a few strawberries (there was more but Tali and Kai kept eating them while they where cooking) and melted all the normal chocolate that ha...

When they eventually finished the waffles they had red, yellow, green, blue and purple rainbows, Tony cut up a few strawberries (there was more but Tali and Kai kept eating them while they where cooking) and melted all the normal chocolate that hadn't been eaten by Kai in two small bowls, then on each plate he added whipped cream clouds. He sat the two completely covered girls at the table with their pancakes then put his and Ziva's on the side while he wiped down the floured surfaces as it took so long to make the waffle mix Ziva arrived while the waffles where still warm so she and Tony joint the girls at the table.

After they had eaten Ziva took her shopping bags up to the girls playroom, she had bought reading books in English, Spanish, Italian and Hebrew and other toys to fill the room along with a white wooden toy box.

Ziva and Tony bathed the girls and removed the waffle mix the best they could from girls hair then Ziva changed the girls into grey leggings with pink and white zigzags and pink three quarter length tops. All four of them went outside to play on the climbing equipment and the trampoline, while Ziva ran around the garden with Tali Tony took Kai on the trampoline and bounced with her, a few times he flipped her over and helped her do handstands and cartwheels.

Around two Ziva went inside to prepare sandwiches and bite sized snacks like crisps, cupcakes, apple and carrot. They sat on the trampoline eating their picnic until the girls got tired and started yawning. Tony sent Ziva inside with the Tali and Kai while he cleared the food from the trampoline.

When he quietly walked in he saw Tali laying across Ziva's lap and Kai laying alone further along the sofa, "why is she alone" he asked whispering "she was going to move but she fell asleep" Ziva told him gesturing to next to her and stealing the last piece of apple from the bowl in his hand.

Tony and Ziva watched a few programs on Tv for the rest of the afternoon then Ziva cooked them all dinner, helped tuck the girls into Tony's (and Ziva's) bed then said goodnight to Tony and went back to Gibbs'.