62 - Family

"No more tonight" Ziva sighed, Gracie had fallen asleep in her arms hours ago but Tali was begging to watch more films

"Please Ima"

"Not tonight" Ziva said standing up to take Gracie up to bed "Tali please go get some pajamas for you and Kai" Ziva asked leading her upstairs

"Why can't Kai open her presents yet" Tali whined rummaging through her draws for pajamas

"She hasn't been home long"

"But she needs to see whats in them"

"Tali, she thought we where dead, she only found out we weren't this morning. You need to give her time to adjust"

"Okay Ima" Tali groaned picking the pajamas she wanted and shutting the draw

"Thank you tateleh"

Tali had picked a pair of pink fox pajamas for her and a pair of white bear pajamas for Kai, the twins quickly changed and Ziva put them to bed, Ziva let Kai sleep in Jacey's room for the night which didn't make Tali happy but Tony promised her pancakes for breakfast and she let it go.

--------- THE MORNING ---------

**Ring Ring**

"Mhhm" Ziva mumbled into her phone she was enjoying her sleep until her phone started ringing

"Ima?"

"Jacey! Is everything okay?" Ziva shot up

"Yeah everything's fine" "Can I stay with Caela all weekend" Jacey asked

"Sure just make sure you come over Wednesday" Ziva grumbed

"I will, thank you Ima"

"Bye Jace" Ziva sighed hanging up

"Who was that" Tony mumbled rolling over to face Ziva

"Jacey, she's staying at Caelas all weekend" Ziva told him checking the time "It's 9am we should get up" Ziva got up slipping one of Tony's over sized tops on and walking down the stairs feeling Tony's eyes on her back.

Ziva started making the pancakes Tony had promised Tali, she made three stacks of pancakes, one for each of the girls. She used whipped cream to outline the main features of a face on the top of each stack then for Tali she used mini oreos for the eyes, a strawberry for the nose and candy corn for the mouth. For Kai she used jam/jelly for hair, raspberries for the eyes, banana for the mouth and left the nose just as whipped cream. As Gracie was only two Ziva gave her less pancakes and left out the whipped cream, she gave her chocolate drops for a mouth, blueberries for eyes and cut strawberries in half around the edges of the pancakes. She woke the girls up and came back down to see Tony making the two of them pancakes, the five of them sat at the table enjoying their food in peace. Even Tali was still too asleep to talk.

"Ima" Kai asked eventually breaking the silence

"Yeah"

"Can I open a present from Tali"

"Sure, it's up to you, you can open all of them if you'd like" Tony said stepping in knowing Ziva was about to say no

"Thank you Abba" she grinned as Tali's face lit up too.

Tony, Tali and Ziva brought all the presents downstairs and set them up in the living room, all her birthday presents in one stack and all her christmas presents in another. Tali started by giving her everything she bought for her at the AG store then Kai picked out presents from her birthday pile.

 Tali started by giving her everything she bought for her at the AG store then Kai picked out presents from her birthday pile

(Everything Kai got ^^)

It was needless to say Kai was in love with everything she had been given, not long after the paper had been cleared away all three of the girls were gathering their AG stuff in the playroom for a full day of playing. Kai named her new dolls and happily took off to play.

Ziva on the other hand wasn't so happy leaving Tony treading on ice for the rest of the day. They literally had to pull the girls away from the toys so they could go to sleep, Tali and Gracie in their own beds and Kai in Jacey's again.

------- Later -------

Ziva woke up at three, she wasn't sure what woke her, guessing she was just thirsty she bumbled down the stairs still only half awake. After gulping down her glass of water she decided to check on the girls, Tali and Gracie peacefully slept in their rooms. Whereas there light escaping from underneath Kai's door, tentatively pushing it open Ziva was greeted by Kai curled up in a tiny ball in the center of Jacey's bed gently sobbing. "Kai" Ziva whispered stepping inside and pushing the door closed behind her. "Ima" Kai asked slightly raising her head "It's me tateleh, what's wrong?" Ziva moved herself onto the bed beside Kai "It doesn't feel real" she sobbed moving into Ziva's open arms "I promise you it is" Ziva pressed a light kiss onto the top of Kai's hair "and everything is happening all at once." "We can slow down for you if you want" Ziva assured her "you don't have to go back to school until you're ready, okay?" "okay" Kai agreed but it didn't seem to change much she was still sobbing in Ziva's arms.

"How about we wait a few weeks to see the team again" Ziva asked, Kai just nodded "Jacey will be here on Wednesday so I can set up something so you get to know her" again Kai nodded "and I can get Abba to take Tali out one day so you can play with Gracie" "Once you're comfortable around us we can think about visiting other people but only when you want to" Kai's sobs had slowed considerably, "You promise?" she whispered looking up at Ziva "of course tateleh" "There's only one person besides us you will need to see and I promise you she's nice" "who?" "Her name is Sandra, she will want to talk to you about what happened and how you're settling back in" "Do I have to see her?" "Yes, it's out of my control" "I have to take you to her office every friday" "okay" Kai mumbled "She will let you draw and play with her if you want" Ziva explained noticing Kai's eyelids get droopy. "Go to sleep" she whispered shutting her own eyes.

1022 words

A/N - I know its taken me months to upload I've been really busy, I have three formals next term and one official so pretty much all my time is spent preparing for those. I am currently on my easter holidays so I have another week before I go back to school, hopefully I'll be able to get the last chapter out before then.

Yes I said last I'm finally going to finish this book, I started it last May so I'm hoping to finish it before this May. I will also go back through the entire book and remove and chapters solely for authors notes to help tidy everything up.

(I started to write this chapter in January)