Chapter 3

Madison's P.O.V.

'This will be my last can of spaghetti and meatballs. I will never eat this gunk ever again.' This was my chant this morning as I forced fed myself a can of cheap, tasteless pasta.

'Please be okay, mom. I'm sorry.'

I am now on my flight to Las Vegas. Oh, God. I think I will really throw up. I'm on my way to luxury, the City of Sin, while my mom is fighting for her life. Please let this experience be not the worst decision in my life.

It was a last minute decision that lasted 10 minutes.

It's my first time on a plane as I am silently praying all the prayers there are while my stomach is in knots. This is not the first time flying experience I wished for.

"Madison! Can you please stop the nervous drama! You're making me more nervous on keeping an eye on you!" Gigi scolds me.

My eyes shot a glance at her and I quickly slapped my face numerous times just to get a grip of myself. "I'm the worst daughter ever." I groaned.

Gigi readjusted her seat."Hey, you're not. You're selfless."

"Is this what you call selfless, Gi? My mother is practically fighting to breathe right now!" I exclaimed and suddenly a flight attendant came with a beautiful, calm smile they all have. How much would their calmness cost if I were to buy that?

"Is there anything to make you more comfortable, miss?" she asks as I watch her perfect red lips move. How perfect can these flight attendants get?

"No need to worry. My friend's just have the jitters. It's her first time to fly." Gigi says flawlessly at her.

"Oh, okay. Would you like some water?" she asks.

"Yes, please." I said quietly. I took a deep breath and tried to finally calmed my nerves. The flight attendant came back almost instant giving me and Gigi each a small plastic cup of water. Gulping it all almost in a couple of seconds, I try to reassure myself that everything I'm doing is for my mother and all for her only.

I only have to do this for a night or two. Then I can come home to my mom. The original plan I had in mind was that I spend a week here in Vegas, but with the change of plans and finding ways on how to support mom, I'll have to cut off my trip to three days and two nights only. Time's ticking fast, and mom is not getting any better. I know Dr. Jones won't let her down, but her expenses will.

All I have to do is gamble. I hate to say this, but luck is luck. I should've paid some of the bills with the money, but just thinking about betting it and come back ten times larger makes me anticipate to spending my money already.

Gigi came along because I couldn't break my promise that she could come with me. With the new arrangements, Dr. Jones insisted to pay for both our tickets, but she doesn't know my purpose why I still pushed through.

We arrived at a very sunny Nevada. Gigi made it possible for us to have a place to stay because she shouldered it. I felt bad because it was not just a hotel room, she asked for the presidential suite, which makes me even more indebted, but she ensured me that it's no trouble at all.

After unpacking all of our stuff in a room bigger than my house, I plopped onto the bed and I have never felt so comfortable in my life. This feels like clouds! How is that possible?

"Hey!" Gigi called out throwing a dress on the bed. "Bed is for sleep and sex, get out of there." she teased making me laugh.

"Come on, Gi, this bed is to die for!" I said while I cuddled on a pillow that just cradled my face so perfectly. I wish mom was here so she can experience this.