Chapter 14

Song: "Sit Still, Look Pretty" by Daya

**

I was having an orange popsicle in one hand, and a throw up bag in the other as I try to remove heaving this up from my mind and at the same time, it was a make up treat for another argument Will and I had. Call it petty, but it wasn't.

"Mads, you don't have to go to school when you are not well. I can call the school instead of seeing you like this." His voice is full of fear and worry as he tries to drive me to school.

"I'm...okay...I...can ha-handle this." I say in between deep breaths, but it's becoming harder for me to keep my mind off the nausea. The morning sickness kicked in a few days after the nugget fiasco.

Will has been worried because he did not expect morning sickness to be this intense for me. This was the cause of our petty quarrel. He didn't want me to attend school but I insisted that I did because I don't want to feel like the VIP girls in school define me as. Plus, I promised Will that I attend school religiously.

"Madison."

"I'll tell...you...when I can't...shit." I said and hurled in the vomit bag. Will stopped at the side so that he could help me out. He was being a good husband and rubbed my back and telling me it was okay as he held my dripping popsicle.

When I was done, Will wiped my mouth with a wet wipe and disposed it properly with the bag as I got my bottle of water and got my mint candy ready because I knew I will be saying goodbye to my popsicle. The light-headedness is still there. I don't know whether I can survive a single period without heaving.

I think I'll have to listen to Will this time. Climbing into the car, I popped in my mint candy. "You win. Let's go home." I say. He smiles victoriously, kisses my head and makes a U-Turn. At least he's happy.

It wasn't fun to be at home. I couldn't even move away from bed, so Will had a waste bin ready beside me all the time. He called the school telling me I caught a stomach bug so that the news won't circulate. The last thing we need right now is having the news in the headlines. Will also insisted on not going to work today so that I won't be alone.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" he asks with his voice soft as he rubs my back. He was doing some work on his laptop in bed so that he can have an eye on me.

I groaned. "Not good, but better than this morning. I thought morning sickness would only stay in the morning and not until now." seriously, that's why they call it that, right? It's morning sickness for a reason, people!

"I'm sorry you feel that way, Mads." he kisses my shoulder.

"Yeah, you should be sorry, alright!" I replied with full emotion this time and Will laughed.

"Are you starting another argument, wife?"

"I will if you won't stop." I mumbled to the pillow.

Will caresses my arm as I was on my side trying to shut my eyes and fall asleep, but I was failing drastically because I don't know what I am feeling right now. "I was also reading some articles on morning sickness. Some women experience it in weird ways."

Then I thought, how weird could it get? "What did the articles say?" and I mentally prayed it won't be that bad because this is the worst feeling anyone could go through right now, and I'm only at the start!

"There was one woman who experienced it at night instead of the morning." okay. "Another one wrote that she experienced it until the third trimester." what? "And there were cases that women get to experience it the entire day until third trimester." okay, I've heard enough!