Chapter 15

Song: "Till The End" by Jessie Ware

**

It was nicer that I got the hang of things at some point in this pregnancy. But one of the things I wasn't getting the hang of was the nosiness of the press.

Will was frustrated as news of the pregnancy circulated. He knew I didn't want this. A few people were fired in the next hour but I was certain it wasn't his employees' fault. Someone has spilled the tea, and spilling it made my blood boiling for some heads to be ripped. Unfortunately, ripping heads isn't my forte.

"I'm sorry, my love." Will had his hand on his heads as we were having breakfast with the news on. My poor husband.

I walked over to his side and pulled him close to me. "They're bound to know soon anyway." I said and he lifts his head up, surprised at my words. "I just wanted to enjoy this moment with you and some close people as long as we could. I don't know if your family is considered close though."

"I promised you this news will stay with us as long as we can hide it from public, but I failed you." No, no!

"You did all you can, Will. The least we can do right now is find out who actually spread the word to the press. We've had NDA's, Will. We can easily trace who it was."

"Unless..."

"Unless what?" My eyes widen as my brows furrowed. What has he come up with?

"I am positive this spillage came from my side. I just need to confirm it. But I am 100% sure this is from my side"

Even if my gut tells me he's right, I am guilty because he is being so hard on himself. "Hey, we don't know yet." I put my arms around his torso. "It's okay. We can adjust to this situation." I half-lied. It's school I'm worried about.

"I don't want you to stress about the press and every living nosy person in your way, Mads. This is not okay. If it's someone who signed an NDA, they will definitely be--'

"I know, Will. But since this is already here, all we can do is cope up with it." I tried smiling but lately, this isn't a trick that works no matter how hard I try. "Will, in a week, we'll be getting married. Even if we have secured to have this privately, there's a chance that our wedding can be caught as well."

"Can you go to school with this happening?" he asks with full concern.

"I don't have a choice, Will. A few more days won't hurt, I guess." A few days in hell all right.

----

Aside from the more intense murmurs and loud whispering that disappear whenever I am walking down the hall with George, everything seems to be the same. Though I am quite thankful for those who minded their own businesses. That meant a lot.

I was having lunch with Gigi and I had George have his lunch as well so maybe he's in the car for all I care. I told him I'm fine with Gigi having an eye on me. Then I saw Amy and Owen looking for a table to sit in. "Hey!" I called out for them and they smiled the moment they saw me, of course with a few nasty stares from other students. Maybe they're thinking why they would sit with me, the billionaire's harlot.

"Thanks so much! We literally checked everywhere for a seat." Amy said as she took her seat.

"Well, the losers still get to have their own space." Gigi comments and I laugh.

"I seriously don't know how you could handle this kind of crowd, Mads." Owen comments as he digs in on his mac and cheese.

"It's not worth my time. My focus right now is keeping this baby healthy and myself safe." I bite into my apple.