Chapter 7

Song for the chapter: Wait by M83

**

Madison's P.O.V.

It bothers me for a fact that even if Megan and I both get our looks from mom, family and friends tell us that we are alike from each of our parents. Even if I say that I took a lot from our father, unfortunately, at this moment I am very dismayed that Megan is the one who took a lot from mom. Whatever Megan does will somehow be a reflection of mom. Right now, I am terrified of mom because of her.

"Mads, the last thing I would want to hear from you is this." Poor Megan has her head in her palm, disappointment painted all over her face.

"Hey, at least I'm not influenced to drugs or anything illegal." I said, trying to defend myself, but my stuttering did not help.

"Getting hitched!" She whispered-screamed and I shushed her. I didn't want Will to hear this, thankfully he was on the phone.

Why didn't he marry his phone instead?

"I didn't mean to get married, Megan. Especially to a billionaire!"

"Did he pay you? Or have a contractual relationship?" She crossed her arms over her chest.

"What? No!" I know better.

"That's what rich people do nowadays, Mads. Please tell me the truth." She still thinks I'm making this up so I gave her the stare that would make her stop. She sighed and held my face. "You're more beautiful now, still, you are dad's daughter, strong-willed and stubborn." She says with a laugh, but it didn't amuse me. "I was just afraid that he'll hurt you."

"Please don't mention that bastard of a man, Megan. We don't have a father. And don't worry, Will is a good person. He'll help us." I assured her. I never really had a male figure in the family. In one point I may, but ever since he ran, I erased him in everything.

"Madison, you can't just make him oblivious in our lives as if half of you and me aren't him."

"Both of us know we're both been both more mother and father to each other, Megan." I don't know what came to me, but it was better than a slap on the face. She knew I hate it when that man gets mentioned in the household in both positive and negative feedback.

I was expecting a palm to reach my face but Megan didn't. She just looked at me with disappointment all over her face. Understood. "I just don't know how mom will react with this, Madison. Considering she just had a heart attack."

Oh...yeah...I forgot all about this.

How will she really react about this?

"I only have one thing to tell you, Madison. If Mr. Billionaire makes you cry, he's finished. Don't tell me he has even the FBI at hand, I will make sure I have the president of this country at our side." of course, Megan will be Megan. I do know I messed up big time, but as Will said, we'll make this less burdensome for everyone.

"Whatever and however you want, Meg." I said and it made her smile. I looked behind to see William intently looking at us as if he was waiting. "William, come here for a sec." I nodded towards my sister's direction.

He immediately got up and went beside me. With a gaze, anyone can forget who they really were, what can go wrong?

"Will, this is my sister, Megan." I said and William held out his hand to give Megan a handshake.

"Hello, Will. I'm Madison's sister. We're not gold diggers."

"MEGAN!"

"What?"