Chapter 17

Song for the chapter: "When It's All Over" by Raign

**

"What do you mean someone magically sneaked it in?"

"It would appear so, sir."

"What kind of nonsense does that conclude?"

"We're still investigating, sir. But We have word saying there were also guests who had upset stomachs after. We have been trying to contact them and get a urinalysis ASAP."

"Don't just double your time, triple it! Or else, all of their fucking asses will be fired into hell! Interrogate them all! Have no mercy towards them! Leave no one behind especially my goddamn so-called family!"

These were the words being fired outside the massive room I'm in as I continue to weep for my baby.

From the moment she was conceived, deep in my heart, I loved her more than anything else in this world, including Will and myself. I admit, her presence in this world was a shocker for me. But then I thought long and hard, and the longer I thought of her being inside me made me fall in love with her as the days come and go.

The moment I saw her in her first sonogram, I already imagined how beautiful and perfect she is. I have a mini me or a mini Will. Half of me and half of Will's flesh and blood. But I guess, she was too perfect for this world. Too perfect to have her eyes open and see her family. Too perfect to have her feet touch the ground, and to have her knees scrapped. 

How could you ever love someone you haven't seen before?

Probably that's a mother's love, as mom said.

I was still holding her in my arms, tears still fell, and no one could ever give me the console I needed. There are only two things that would console me. Either there would be a chance to have her back inside me and finish growing or have my husband hold me and tell me everything will be alright even when it's not.

Will hasn't spoken nor held me in the last three hours, and I dreaded every second.

My eyes are glued on her as I whisk into my imagination on how she'd probably look like if she was bigger. Mom and Megan did everything they can, but nothing could ever make this better.

"Double the security! Call Paula to control this. This news is not wildfire!"

"She's already on it, sir."

"I need everyone inside the goddamn Thompson mansion of Satan questioned and searched thoroughly by the break of dawn! Find out who the motherfucker killed my baby!"

"They entered the location five minutes ago, sir."

"Search thoroughly! I don't care if the entire place burns into ashes. Find who's responsible for this! Bring them in alive! I'll skin them and burn their organs. They'll all pay for my child's life!"

How I wish I could just bring her back.

It was already three o'clock in the morning. Our baby was out before the clock strike 12. As the world celebrated the new year with merriment, here we are, not even a speck near that feeling.

I just want to mourn. This is a loss I can never recover from.

"Honey." my mom coos. "Are you hungry? Do you need anything?"

"No." this was the first words I ever said since we lost her. "Why don't you just get something for yourself and Megan?" I said while I have my attention on her.

"I don't want you to be alone, sweetheart." she whispers as she caresses my hair. 

"It's too late for that now." I say. "Besides, I just want to be alone with her for a moment, please."