Chapter 19

Song for the Chapter: "Don't Go Now" by Philip Selway

**

"No."

"No?"

"That's what I said. No."

"You have the nerve to say no even if you didn't have the heart to even check up on me, if I was well, or even breathing?" I cannot believe Will. He's being as stubborn as I didn't think he would be that stupid and reckless.

He exhales through his teeth and shakes his head. "I don't want to lose you too."

"You already lost me even before you thought of losing me." It broke my heart to say these words but I can only say the sad truth of it all.

"Please. Think about it." He dared to come closer, but I didn't stop him. He was only inches from me now.

"There's nothing to think about." My wide, wet eyes drilled onto his.

He didn't reply. He didn't leave either. Instead, he came closer. Too close, it felt wrong and right at the same time. And once again, William Thompson's lips were on mine.

"I hate you." I mumbled on his lips as I tasted my salty tears.

"I know, baby." he mumbles back but continues.

How I love and hate this man so much. It was fire and ice combined. After an hour under the sheets, I felt disgusting.

I love him. That's the problem.

That is something I thought I would never say.

I do love him.

I love him too much, I'll have to leave his arms.

Carefully looking over my shoulder, I see him dead asleep. I now do my best to get up on my feet and walk away as quietly as I could. Once I was on my feet, I took my chance to get dressed and grab a suitcase and pack all I needed.

As I was packing, my heart was becoming heavier by the second to the point that I know I will cry. But I needed to do this. When I was done, I got a pen and paper and started to write words I promised I wouldn't say to him. It took me a while, but I had to do it quick before he wakes up. Knowing Will, he could be up in five to ten minutes from now.

After writing the letter I knew I will regret, I place it on my nightstand. I wanted to leave my rings behind, but no matter how hard I try, I couldn't. But I had to. I left my wedding ring behind on the stand as well.

Taking one more look at Will, he looked so tired and so sad. It's as if it's his first time to sleep for the past weeks. He looks older than the man I remember I married. The Will I married was very collected, handsome, the most good looking devil he is. This is not my Will.

The moment he flinched was my signal to leave the premise. I know George wouldn't be happy with it, but I need him to take me away from this place.

"I love you. So much. I'm sorry." I said to a very unconscious Will who didn't hear what I just said.

I took my suitcase downstairs and I saw George having a snack. Now I felt worse.

"Madison?" He asks, bewildered by the suitcase I was holding.

I bit my lips to stop the idea of crying and faked a smile. "I need your help to get me out of here."

He drops his sandwich and stood up to where I was, in the foyer. "Ma'am, forgive me, I can't do that to Mr. Thompson." He never called me that ever again after our first meeting.