Chapter 16

Song: "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by Sleeping At Last

**

There are a few words I would like to share with you with my experience before, during and after our honeymoon that I would consider significant.

Fogged.

"Mads, let's go!" I turn my back to see Will with his car keys in his hands.

But my attention was torn with seeing Owen, so I turn my back again but this time he was nowhere to be seen. Was I hallucinating? If so, of all hallucinations, it had to be Owen? Why?

I felt my legs go uneasy and my vision blur, but I took a deep breath and shook my head. I must've been overwhelmed by so many emotions today.

"Are you looking for your mom? She's with Dr. Jones by the shrimp cocktails." he walks towards me and his touch made me jump. "What's wrong?" he asks with worried eyes once more and his palms on my face.

"Tired, I guess. I thought I saw--"

"MADISON! GIRL, THIS IS SUCH A WONDERFUL WEDDING. I JUST LOOOOOOOOOOVE THE CHAMPAGNE FOUNTAIN. VERY CLEVER. CLEVER." Margaret slurs and drapes herself over Will and I's shoulder, completely drunk.

"You're welcome, Margaret. I had to convince Will to have it, you know? He told me how much you just love champagne, so I just thought you'd want something to look forward to today." I say, slightly struggling at her weight.

"THAT'S SOOOOOO SWEEEEEEET....of you, Madison. Thaaaanks for also taking me into consideration in this wedding. Really, the champagne fountain is....everything!" she whisper-screams at us. She's totally wasted.

"That's kind of you, Margaret, now if you would excuse us." Will removes her support on me and him. "We're leaving the party."

"You neeeeeeeeeever changed a biiiiiiit, William. Your wife has been so kind to me today, and yoooouuuu are so bitchy on me still." she pouts and rubs her neck.

"We're leaving so that you can continue the party and that you can stay with Caliyah and enjoy the champagne fountain. That's my point."

"OH, GOD! YESSSSSS!" she wraps her arms once more on us giving us what seems to be a hug. "YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!"

"Okay, we get it, that's enough, Margaret. You're hurting my wife and our child."

"Okay, okay, okay!" she has her hands up in the air. "I'm going back to the fountain and go fuck myself, thanks." she says and scurries off.

I had that 'what did just happen?' look and Will chuckled. "That champagne fountain was the best idea ever, wife."

"I just thought we keep those two something to be busy on, that's all."

"That you did well. Come along, I can't hold myself any longer." he says and I gave him a peck on the lips and went to get ready to toss the bouquet.

Will called everyone's attention as I readied myself, and in an instant, all the single ladies were piled up behind me. Closing my eyes, I threw my most beautiful bouquet backwards, hoping it will land on someone who deserves to be the next bride. I look behind and I saw Gigi holding the bouquet and Dr. Jones started to chase after her daughter saying she can't be the next one, leaving all guests laughing.

I was hesitant to leave mom and Megan behind, but they assured me that they'll call twice a day while I'm away to who knows? Plus, Will has been very supportive on having them watched over 24/7 as always so that I know what's going on. Dr. Jones reassured me that mom will be okay for the next few weeks given the fact that she's in a happy state. This didn't assure me 100% that mom will be still breathing after my honeymoon, but I think it's enough to keep me sane.