Chapter 12

Song: "Moon" by Sleeping At Last

I hope you guys appreciate this song as much as I do. This just feels like the song for our little family all throughout the chapter. Hope you could hear and read it altogether in one way or another. Love you, guys! 

**

I wake up feeling chilly. Taking a look beside me, I was surprised to be alone in bed. Usually Will would be either fast asleep on his side or he'd be vined all over me. Strange. This never happened.

I started to lift myself up and the chill I felt was from the terrace along with my sweet husband's silhouette in sight. As much as I would call it a worthy sight to see, it wasn't entirely good. He leaned over the railing, head in his hands. My poor husband. What's he thinking now?

Eyeing his shirt on the floor, it was enough to cover myself. So I put it on and slowly went up to where he was. One of the reasons why I love it so much here was the windy weather at night. There are times it gets windy, I feel as if I was in front of an electric fan. It's calming and comforting to my surprise.

As I walk closer, I could tell he was only in his bottoms, and still, his head in his hands. What could he be thinking right now?

"What are you thinking about?" I whispered as I also leaned on the railing, letting my head rest on my arms. Never had I seen him this troubled yet so attractive at the same time.

He shifts in a way that his biceps flex and I try my best not to drool because this is a serious matter. He's all in his glory while I was wearing his shirt, but right now our lack of clothing wasn't the main concern right now our lack of clothing wasn't the main concern right now. Let them see us, I didn't care, what matters most is us.

Letting out a sigh, he faces me. "You should be asleep by now. Staying up late isn't good for the baby."

"You should be asleep with us right now, you know?" I say and I walk behind him, snaking my arms around his torso, leaving a kiss at the back of his shoulder. "Really, what are you thinking about?"

"I'll be a shitty father." His voice is strained and my heart breaks. This wasn't the first, but it does break my heart every time he thinks he'll end up like his father.

"You'll be the best father you could ever be for this baby, Will." The CEO is scared to father a child when he himself gave jobs to hundreds of people.

"I don't know what to do either, Will. But what I do know is that we'll be here for each other...won't we?" I kiss a spot on his neck.

He faces me and kneels down to kiss my still-invisible bump. "Hey..." he starts talking to our baby that hasn't even developed ears yet, but this is sweet. "I'm your daddy, little one. I'm excited to meet you, but I'm scared. But I already love you." My eyes tear up. "We'll be best friends too. So I actually need your opinion on something. Do you think mommy would marry me again, little one? You could walk with her as you sleep inside her and grandma gives her away to me. Grandma is also very excited to see you. Everyone is already looking forward to you. We could officially be a family before God and the rest of the world. Do you think mommy would say yes?"

Little did I know that tears would be streaming down my face at this moment. Life is definitely full of surprises. I didn't know what I was feeling. My cheeks hurt so much from smiling, and my entire face was wet from all the tears I've shed.

"I'm here, naked, in front of you tonight, Madison, and I've never been this happy before. No one or nothing has ever given me this much happiness in all my life beside the wonderful memories of her. Make me the happiest man tonight. Say yes, Madison." He's on his knees, his hands on my stomach, eyes twinkling on mine that looked like the constellation of stars that shone whenever they chose to make themselves appear in a dark, moonless sky.