Chapter 8

Song: Take On Me (MTV Unplugged)

I cried so much hearing this plus the scene!

**

Madison's P.O.V.

I barely slept at all.

The first night I get back home was full of tossing and turning. Mostly it was Will laying beside me sometimes embracing from behind or letting me cry on his chest. He was just there, stroking my hair and kissing my forehead. What shocked me most was that I found out how much a gentleman he was. He didn't take advantage of me even if I was so vulnerable.

What a first night it was back home.

I took a peek behind me and it seems Will fell asleep, and at 4 am. I suddenly felt bad for him. He didn't have to do all this for me, yet he did. This was all my family's problem, and I had him and his money. Well, I didn't need to have his money. I wanted to earn my own money.

Maybe that's it!

Maybe it isn't.

Will paid for the balance. I might as well pay for the next set of bills.

----

"One more stupid run like that and you're definitely fired and banned on working. I will not give you a recommendation for your appliction either!"

"Yes, boss." I manged to squeak out.

He then suddenly grabbed my cheeks and angrily pinched them. His fingers and long nails impalling me. "Remember. It won't only be you, but your sister as well. Get it? Now get your ass in the tables and don't bat those fake fucking lashes at me!"

They were extensions, but whatever.

I got myself out of hell, a.k.a. his office, and made my way to the counter to clean up after a customer when I see Bridgette and Heidi smiling at me instead of their breakfast. Oh, the tenacious two.

"Hey, Mads! Belated Happy Birthday!" Bridgette chimed.

"Yeah, Mads! How does it feel to be finally legal?" Heidi asked as she dug in her bagel. "I love your new look too! Did someone sponsor you? You look ten times prettier than you already are!"

Oh, no. They don't need to know what happened behind all this.

"I wanted to ask her why she isn't at school right now." Bridgette took a sip from her cup of coffee.

Yup, it was only a normal day then. "Long story, you two. A very long story." I took my spray and rug and started cleaning two seats from where they were.

"I love your nail color too, Mads!"

I smile as I wipe the counter. I enjoyed having them done too. The color was Cool Sand if my memory serves me right.

And even before the counter was done someone sat opposite of me, and surprise-surprise. It was my dear husband looking hot as ever even in the most bitter and sour mood. I wasn't in the mood to argue today.

"What would you be having today, sir?" I ask, flashing a fake sweet smile on my face.

His lips were in a hard line, eyes piercing through mine as if I was a child who drew on the perfectly white walls, arms folded over his chest. He was wearing a crisp white shirt with the top undone revealing a bit of his marbled chest. "I would like a word with the owner."

"What?" It wasn't the way I wanted the word to be said. It became a blunt 'what' than an exaggerated 'what'.

He leans over the counter with a few inches from my face. I bet the girls are enjoying every bit of this shenanigan. "I need to talk to the owner." He whispers this time, but at the same time it sounded so sexy.