NOT A CHAPTER UPDATE BUT PLEASE READ

Hello, everyone! I'm sorry this is not a usual update from me. I am currently in bed, wide awake after another earthquake at 2:03 am (April 24, 2019). Last April 22, 2019, I was a small store here in the community when a 6.1 magnitude earthquake happened.

I wasn't bringing my phone. Luckily I was only 25-30 steps away from our house. I didn't expect to feel an earthquake that strong, and I know that there will be a stronger one coming, we just don't know when. For some time now, we've been said of "The Big One" which is a 7.2 earthquake that will happen in the borders of the Philippines. Again, we don't know exactly when, but it is really bound to happen.

It was the first time I felt everything and everyone sway and shake like crazy. I was calling for the Lord's Name to protect me along with the Blessed Virgin and St. Benedict to pray for me.

A lot of people died. A lot of establishments got ruined. Then you realize how limited time is so we need to really live it.

Earthquakes (yes, not aftershocks) have been frequent. Aftershocks are now more than 300 in count. The earthquakes just this evening til early morning are 2-4 already. I can't sleep well. I can't calm down sometimes, but I have to. It's scary to think of the possibilities knowing the history here in Pampanga(my province/area). A lot can happen, and we just don't know. All we could do is pray and hope things are going to be okay.

I have talked about resiliency before, and how proud I am of Filipinos being resilient no matter what, but sometimes we can only do so much.

I don't know whether this is overreacting or what, but I just want to thank you all sincerely with all my heart, even if I do thank all of you in every chapter I publish. Really, thank you. You guys don't know how much all of you mean to me and how you guys saved my life in times I drown myself in darkness and depression.

I also do know for a fact that not every single reader of mine prays, but can I just please ask you to pray not only for me and my country, but for the world. Everything is so alarming. Like how I wish I could disappear, it is very sad. Please spend a few moments to wish the world healing and love.

We can't tell up til when are we still on this earth, but if this is it, I just want you to know, you who are reading this right now, thank you for being a part of my life even if it doesn't seem much especially those who are new. You all have a special place in my heart.

Continue to be kind. Live your life to the best and in the good. Love everyone.

I love you all, and may God bless us all. ♥️

Don't also forget to prepare whenever calamities like these happen in your area.

Thank you for also loving my books and characters. If ever I will be away, may you always have them alive and well.

Always praying for you,
Rhia x

(April 24, 2019, 3:25am)