Chapter 13

Song: "How Deep Is Your Love" by The Bird and The Bee

**

At some point I've seen a part of Anthony's heart that made me want to tell Will, but since his family is still something to be working on, I'll temporarily keep this to myself.

All I saw on his reaction was love and regret. Love for his son, and love twinkling in his eyes maybe for the baby. Regret in missing out milestones from his son. As if things weren't already hard enough on him, I couldn't blame either of them. They both had their share of shortcomings, but I know the feeling all too well.

It sucks.

Instinctively, I held my stomach protectively and held Will's hand with the other. I shouldn't be worried at all, I remind myself.

We'll always be here to protect you, Little One.

After muting the ex, and have the mother-in-law bulge her eyes out on the precious news, Will took my hand and started to lead me up the stairs. I haven't been around the entire premise of this home, and I was expecting an entire house tour, but just thinking of walking the entire perimeter of this place tired me.

The flight of stairs already took my breath away, literally. I had to ask him to stop for a while just for me to catch my breath. I'm not like this at home, but since these stairs are steeper and it was after eating lunch, I guess it just got heavier for me.

He just held my hand the entire time until we reach a room at the end of a hallway. Will I get to have a house tour? I guess not. Will looked at me as if he needed the reassurance, and I held on his arm tightly with a smile on my face.

"I want to show you something I've never shown any other female besides my mother." Even Margaret? He opened the door, flickered the lights on and it looked like an old room. It was plain, dull, dim, and I just felt my heart tug as I imagine a younger version of Will deep in thought in this room. A Will that hates the world and everyone walking on it because of a broken family and of a broken heart.

"This is your room?" I dared to ask just to start a conversation.

"Yeah. Nothing changed really." He said, taking his time to look around. "But that's not the reason why I brought you here." He pulled me again by his bedside table and there I saw a picture of his beloved mother. Picking it up, wiping off some dust with his sleeve, he hands the frame to me. "Madison, this is my mother. Evangeline. Everyone called her Eve, and everyone loved her. All except for him." When he said the last sentence, Will gritted the words out through his teeth.

"I'm sure your father loved her too."

"He didn't." Darkness filled his eyes. "He killed her." I didn't answer to his words but rather let him have some time to cool down. He took a deep breath and looked at me. "My mother would have loved you too, Madison."

"I love her already because I love you, Will. And I know right now she is happy for you and for us." My eyes went back to the picture. Will's mother is so beautiful! It's Will in a softer and feminine version, but still him all over. I wish I could have met her.

"I know she loves you too, Mads. And that she's happy because she's having a grandchild as well." He says and leans towards my lips, and the fireworks display started, switching the need deep in my core. As the kiss went deeper, the intruder came. His cellphone.

He broke the kiss to look at who interrupted our passionate kiss, but his eyes looked serious, it must be important. "Let me just get this. Give me two minutes, Mads."

"It's okay. Go back to your empire." I have him a quick peck and he answered the call outside the room, leaving me alone with Evangeline's picture.