00

song of the chapter-
X-Out by: Ryu Ji Hyun.

"No!"

The sound of glass shattering echoed throughout the entire room, and silence followed soon after.

My anger diminished for a moment, replaced by shock.

I looked up from the broken picture frame laying on the middle of the floor to Taehyung, who wore a look of astonishment on his face as he also stared at the broken picture frame on the floor between the two of us.

"Stop it...all of this," I say, ending the once heated argument that Taehyung and I were having again.

Arguing replaced the normal conversation between the two of us, and it always ended badly in the end. Just like how this one was going to end.

"let's just get a divorce."

After I've said the words I thought I'd never say to Taehyung, all the pain and sorrow that I've endured throughout my marriage with him began to surface, and the tears began to stream down my face.

Taehyung remained speechless as he looked away from the mess and turned away before he walked out of the room, leaving me standing there alone, staring blankly at the picture frame on the ground.

I heard the bedroom door shut in the hallway, and moments after he emerged out with a hand bag in his hand and walked towards the front door.

I waited until I heard the click of the door, meaning that he had gone away to stay else where for the night for the time being.

It was then when I started to walked towards the mess that laid before me on the white tile floor.

Broken glass crunched under my shoes as I walked closer, before I kneeled down, and stared down at the broken picture frame in front of me.

I slowly put my hand out, as I reached for the picture inside the frame. I pulled the picture out, and all the small bits of glass slid off the picture as I did, and I drew it closer to my face.

I stared down at the picture, and it wasn't long when my tears resumed to run down my cheeks the more I looked at it, and soon, I broke down into a sad sob.

...It was my wedding picture.

It was the picture that symbolizes our dedication and love for each other, but now that felt like it really meant that way at that time of the wedding and the honeymoon.

We both were in love with each other... but now it was as if two of us were just strangers, living together under one roof.

But... how did it all ended so badly this way?

On my wedding day, both Taehyung and I failed to think beyond the wedding, thinking that we both could handle a life living together forever, since we both were so madly in love with each other then.

But gradually as time progresses, we both began to realize the many hardships that marriage brings, and by the time we both tried to fix it... it was almost too late to save our marriage.

And that's when I realized what most divorcees sayings were true:

Marriage is a three ring circus:

engagement ring,

wedding ring,

and suffering.

author's note- Hello, and welcome to my ff! this is a reader x Taehyung ff, so you can picture yourself as the girl if you want ;)

Also, please vote and leave a comment! Hope you enjoy the story!